Shoreexcusioneer Maho and Orient Beach Combo, Anyone Ever Been?

I saw a Maho and Orient Beach combo for $33 pp where you get 2 hours at each beach and they transport you between the two.  That seems like a pretty good price compared to what a taxi would run.  Has anyone ever done this through shoreexcusioneer and what were your thoughts of it?

• 2 weeks later...

We did this back in December 2016. The price was reasonable, our driver/guide was informative and it provided a decent tour of the island. They first took us to a place on pretty Orient beach that had beach loungers, a nice little restaurant/bar for refreshments, some little shopping places for beach essentials and clean nice bathrooms.

Orient beach is actually four beaches, and the fourth one is clothing optional. The tour dropped us at the 3rd beach, and some of the folks strolling along were topless. However, you have to walk around a point to get to the nude beach part. The water/waves were too vigorous for us to snorkel or really get into the water the day we were there. And there are a plethora of women wandering the beach selling hats, clothing, massages, and more. So you don't get to really nap, or read in peace, since someone is always approaching you.

The second stop was Maho beach, which is a must see for the planes landing. And it was PACKED. Finding a place to sit on the beach was impossible, but the water was calm enough to stroll through. There is a bar/restaurant on the beach that makes for some great people watching. And you can wind your way through the crowd to get some nice shots of the planes coming in over your head.

I think for the cost it is a good way to enjoy a lot of the island.

On 5/27/2019 at 9:39 AM, GaTravelingMom said:

We did this back in December 2016. The price was reasonable, our driver/guide was informative and it provided a decent tour of the island. They first took us to a place on pretty Orient beach that had beach loungers, a nice little restaurant/bar for refreshments, some little shopping places for beach essentials and clean nice bathrooms.

Orient beach is actually four beaches, and the fourth one is clothing optional. The tour dropped us at the 3rd beach, and some of the folks strolling along were topless. However, you have to walk around a point to get to the nude beach part. The water/waves were too vigorous for us to snorkel or really get into the water the day we were there. And there are a plethora of women wandering the beach selling hats, clothing, massages, and more. So you don't get to really nap, or read in peace, since someone is always approaching you.

The second stop was Maho beach, which is a must see for the planes landing. And it was PACKED. Finding a place to sit on the beach was impossible, but the water was calm enough to stroll through. There is a bar/restaurant on the beach that makes for some great people watching. And you can wind your way through the crowd to get some nice shots of the planes coming in over your head.

I think for the cost it is a good way to enjoy a lot of the island.

That was kind of our thought too was that we could see a good deal of the island and it looks like it isn't much more expensive than taking a taxi to each beach.  My hope is that Maho is not too crowded since we are the only ship in port that day.

21 hours ago, GaTravelingMom said:

I think you need to carry some cash to rent chairs and umbrella at Orient beach. I do not think the fee covered any of those little extras.

We were curious about that.  I didn't see where that was listed on the inclusions on the website.  I figure we will take something for chairs and maybe a few drinks.