Rhapsody Of The Seas, November 09, 2019 Westbound Transatlantic, Barcelona to Tampa

Jasonskid

Hello, Jason here, I think this is the first post for this sailing, I just booked it this week and will be traveling with friends from England. Anybody else on board?  

Edited by Jasonskid

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2019 at 7:09 PM, Jasonskid said:

Hello, Jason here, I think this is the first post for this sailing, I just booked it this week and will be traveling with friends from England. Anybody else on board?  

Hello, I have been posting on the other roll call. I'll be cruising with my husband,  David. We will arrive in Barcelona on Nov 6th. Any suggestions about Barcelona and the night life there?

8 hours ago, rlsrlj said:

Hello, I have been posting on the other roll call. I'll be cruising with my husband,  David. We will arrive in Barcelona on Nov 6th. Any suggestions about Barcelona and the night life there?

Good morning, yes saw your posts on the other roll call. Been trying to keep up with that one. 

I have been to Barcelona twice, once just for the day, and the second time just enough time to get from the ship to the airport. Looking at staying a day or two before this time. I have some friends from the UK that will also be on this sailing I will see what they have planned for the city.  

I will also be bringing the Rhapsody back to Barcelona in April 🙂 

1 hour ago, Jasonskid said:

Good morning, yes saw your posts on the other roll call. Been trying to keep up with that one. 

I have been to Barcelona twice, once just for the day, and the second time just enough time to get from the ship to the airport. Looking at staying a day or two before this time. I have some friends from the UK that will also be on this sailing I will see what they have planned for the city.  

I will also be bringing the Rhapsody back to Barcelona in April 🙂 

This is my 2nd time to Barcelona, David's first, and out first TA.  We are arriving on the 6th (Wednesday), so we will have 2 full days before we sail on Saturday. We are super excited and will be ready for a nice long vacation!

Hey all, I just booked today. Really looking forward to it! I'm fresh off my first TA on the Vision of the Seas (Galveston to Barcelona) and I really like the relaxation of a TA with all the sea days. I'm traveling by myself.

15 hours ago, Jasonskid said:

I will let you guys know what the guys I am traveling with are doing, I did a day tour first time I was in Barcelona that looked at a lot of stuff that Gaudi built. 

Sounds great, we will probably see several of the Gaudi homes on the day we arrive since they are walking distance from our hotel.  Please let us know, we would certainly be open to a pre-cruise get together in Barcelona.

Edited by DavidJrandRichard

9 hours ago, nathanb2 said:

Hey all, I just booked today. Really looking forward to it! I'm fresh off my first TA on the Vision of the Seas (Galveston to Barcelona) and I really like the relaxation of a TA with all the sea days. I'm traveling by myself.

Welcome! We have a very active regular roll call,  hope you join us there too! This is our first TA but I do love sea days!

6 hours ago, DavidJrandRichard said:

Welcome! We have a very active regular roll call,  hope you join us there too! This is our first TA but I do love sea days!

Thanks! I did join the regular roll call but I'm usually not very active on those.

19 hours ago, nathanb2 said:

Welcome to the group! I did my first transatlantic on the vision and 2016. Rhapsody is the same class ship. Really looking forward to it.

25 minutes ago, DavidJrandRichard said:

Are you planning to stay in Barcelona a few days before the cruise?  We arrive that Wednesday at Noon.  

No, I've been to Barcelona many times. I'm flying in at 7 AM departure morning. I know it's a little risky but it's only a very short flight from where I live.

25 minutes ago, nathanb2 said:

No, I've been to Barcelona many times. I'm flying in at 7 AM departure morning. I know it's a little risky but it's only a very short flight from where I live.

We are flying through AMS that Wed morning, at least you are not going across the pond...plus a 7am arrival gives you some padding in case there is a delay.

• 1 month later...

Robb and Tony here........we are on the other roll-call as well.  We have done several trans-ocean cruises and love the relaxing days at sea.  Look forward to meeting you guys on board.  

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:41 AM, Robb said:

Robb and Tony here........we are on the other roll-call as well.  We have done several trans-ocean cruises and love the relaxing days at sea.  Look forward to meeting you guys on board.  

Good Morning Robb and Tony, and welcome.

Looking forward to meeting all you guys on board.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:17 PM, DavidJrandRichard said:

Sounds great, we will probably see several of the Gaudi homes on the day we arrive since they are walking distance from our hotel.  Please let us know, we would certainly be open to a pre-cruise get together in Barcelona.

I actually will not be flying in to Barcelona till the morning of the cruise, I am spending a week with friends in England first and will be coming in from London, 

• 2 weeks later...