If my TA goes bump

Presto2

3 minutes ago, downsmead said:

Re the American voice - calls are sometimes routed through to the USA if all agents are busy here. I have encountered this a few times, and it is happening more frequently.

There is a resolutions dept but the chances are they may only be Monday to Friday work hours. I vaguely remember this after our Summit cruise got changed by Celebrity. 

I see that you booked the cruise, flights and transfers through Celebrity via your TA. Under ABTA rules, this constitutes a 'package' and as such you have more protection than if you just booked a cruise. Out of interest did your documents include the ABTA protection one? 

On the plus side, your cruise is still over 2 months away and so there is time for resolution if the TA goes under, which is rare. I hadn't seen any news about one being in trouble so will google to see which one!

Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Many thanks for this.

We have an ATOL certificate from when we paid up 2 weeks ago. I know we are covered but just want to make sure that if they don't get the money we are able to work directly with Celebrity. Sadly whoever it was in the USA wouldn't tell me !!!!

I know it is a way off yet and to be honest I very much wish the TA all the best. So sad to see our older companies struggling and it affects not only us but the people who work there and whose livelihoods depend on it.

We're probably fretting too much ---- would rather be prepared should the worst happen though and know what to do next.