Experience the Yukon and Suspension Bridge

RoyalVisit

I was wanting on taking the bus/combo ride but unfortunately the train ride seems to be unavailable for the day (July 16) we are going to be in Skagway (either full or not operating).  

I had initially booked with Frontier Excursions half-day but now I'm reading very good reviews about Dyea Tours.  They offer half-day and full day but not quite sure if there's a difference in the stops between the 2 companies.  Anybody here with ideas or have been with either company? Which tour did you take, what specific stops, etc.  Just trying to weigh my options and trying to figure out which company is better.  I read Dyea Tours uses small buses which is always a plus.

I would rent a car and do the tour.  We rented a car at the end of May and made the trip in, we saw the suspension bridge, Carcross desert, Emerald Lake, Carribou Crossing, and did a dog adventure provided by Michelle Phillips who is a veteran of numerous Iditarod races.  The first part of the video with Murray Lundberg linked below talks about what there is to see in the Yukon and he provides his recommendations.  

8 hours ago, misguy said:

I would rent a car and do the tour.  We rented a car at the end of May and made the trip in, we saw the suspension bridge, Carcross desert, Emerald Lake, Carribou Crossing, and did a dog adventure provided by Michelle Phillips who is a veteran of numerous Iditarod races.  The first part of the video with Murray Lundberg linked below talks about what there is to see in the Yukon and he provides his recommendations.  

Thanks for the suggestion. That would probably be cheaper too. How was the drive? Does it snow in the higher elevation? I’m from California so driving in the snow would freak me out. Also how did you book the dog sled with Michelle?  

There is snow on the mountains, no snow on the road, the drive was amazing.  I will be posting a video of the drive when I get it edited, I mounted my action camera like a dashcam and so I have footage of the drive.  This was our second drive in and we will probably keep doing that as it gives you so much flexibility for picture taking.  The car was a little over 200 plus gas.