2 Excursions in 1 Day (City Tour and Atlantis)

KAA19

Hey everyone! I’ll be going on a 3 day cruise to Nassau at the end of May. We are interested in doing 2 excursions. We think we’ll have time to do both but we also know that we need to account for traffic, general delays, etc. We arrive at 8 am and depart at 5. I’ll list all of my questions at the bottom of the post to make it a little easier to follow along.  

We plan on taking a city tour that lasts 2.5 hours. The sessions are from 9:30-12:00 and 1:00-3:30. The tour is by Tyrone Wilson’s Taxi and Tour Services. 

We also want to do the Dip N Discover dolphin encounter at Atlantis. They still have a lot of availability so we can go in the morning or after lunch. 

Do you think it’s possible for us to even do 2 excursions? It’ll be just me and my husband on this cruise. If we do both which one should we do last? I can think of atleast one reason for why we should do each excursion last but I don’t know which one would benefit us more. Does any one have any experience with that particular tour and dolphin encounter or something similar? If so, how long did it take you from start to finish and what time did you make it back to port? Whats the best option for getting to and from Atlantis and how long does it take? We’ll be in the Bahamas on a Sunday. 

Sorry for the long post. This will be my 3rd cruise and my 2nd to Nassau but my first as an “adult”. So I don’t really remember a lot of the smaller details since I cruised with my parents the previous times.

All aboard will probably be at 4:30.  As long as you are on a taxi by 3:45p leaving Atlantis, you should be fine, and that's at the absolute latest assuming that the dolphin encounter ends on time, you are in good health, can walk quickly to the ship, the bridge doesn't blow up, and all that.  

I'm big on getting in at the last minute, and love being the last one on the ship lol.

Technically you have time to do both. However, Atlantis is huge and excursions there are expensive. If it were me, I would not want to have to rush through or cut short my Atlantis excursion to accommodate a second one. I would not feel as if I got my money's worth. However, if you are set on doing both, I would do Atlantis in the AM, then the city tour. You would at least get a few hours to enjoy Atlantis before leaving for your second tour. 

I think it would be difficult to do both.  But if you do decide to do both, do Atlantis in the morning and then the city tour as lab_love123 suggested.  The traffic getting back from Atlantis can be bad in the afternoon while the city tour probably ends nearer to the port.  You didn't say where the city tour pick-up and drop-off is.