Contact at MSC Cruises

Laupajo

I would like to say many thanks to those that took the time to write a review for the recent Opera Cruise. They have been very well written & informative.

Also, I was more than disappointed to hear about the Sanka decaf. - especially in the so called coffee bar. I called the company & was given the name of the Vice President of operations - R. Keesler. I wrote him a note, asked if this was the case, & also informed him of this website. Will let you know if I receive a response.

His contact e-mail is RKeesler@msccruisesusa.com if anyone else wishes to contact company headquarters.

P.S. We are scheduled to take the 2/18 opera cruise.

Laura

I would like to say many thanks to those that took the time to write a review for the recent Opera Cruise. They have been very well written & informative.

Also, I was more than disappointed to hear about the Sanka decaf. - especially in the so called coffee bar. I called the company & was given the name of the Vice President of operations - R. Keesler. I wrote him a note, asked if this was the case, & also informed him of this website. Will let you know if I receive a response.

His contact e-mail is RKeesler@msccruisesusa.com if anyone else wishes to contact company headquarters.

P.S. We are scheduled to take the 2/18 opera cruise.

Laura

Go with a sense of humor and you'll have a wonderful time! I am not sure about the coffee bar but received Sanka packets in the buffet, from Room Service and in the Il Patio area so I am looking forward to the response. I just didn't want to take any chances so only had the iced mocha (excellent) once and early in the day. We actually watched a steward take what was left in the regular urn and dump it into the decaf urn on another line and ship. I know that the new head is fully aware of this website (from his time with Celebrity) so we'll see what happens.

Laura,

My wife and I are from NH and have been on about 25 cruises This is our 1st on MSC. We have found over the years that many times the cruise is as good as you make it. We have been on great cruises on Celebrity, Holland America, Princess and others and have seen negative reviews of the same trip that make you wonder what cruise they were on. We are looking forward to see for ourselves what the Opera is like. My wife and I know that worst case we will find a nice quiet corner in the sun and do what we like to do on cruises.........RELAX.

I hope MSC management is reviewing some of the recent posts. A lot of the complaints can be resolved in a few weeks. Hopefullly by the time we arrive to sail. Hope we find other posters ont the 2/18 cruise.

Laura,

My wife and I are from NH and have been on about 25 cruises This is our 1st on MSC. We have found over the years that many times the cruise is as good as you make it. We have been on great cruises on Celebrity, Holland America, Princess and others and have seen negative reviews of the same trip that make you wonder what cruise they were on. We are looking forward to see for ourselves what the Opera is like. My wife and I know that worst case we will find a nice quiet corner in the sun and do what we like to do on cruises.........RELAX.

I hope MSC management is reviewing some of the recent posts. A lot of the complaints can be resolved in a few weeks. Hopefullly by the time we arrive to sail. Hope we find other posters ont the 2/18 cruise.

Joe, I have to agree completely and overall we had a great cruise. As to the quiet spot. There is a small deck with lounges aft on every passenger deck! However, do check out the Entertainment team throughout the day, they were a lot of fun!

We all hope that MSC is paying attention. This is only the second season in the Caribbean market and they have new management at the same time. They are in a state of flux and their are some changes and improvements necessary to gain a loyal following.

Funny thing on Lirica... found that there was a decaf urn that was filled from AM through evening at the pizza area and sometimes at the grille. This was in addition to the hot water with assortment of teas. The decaf was more than palatable (I was actually drinking it black w/splenda... and I'm not one to usually drink it dark) they also had half and half as well has warm milk available for the coffee... a nice touch.

Not sure if Lirica and Opera are running the same since Lirica is doing longer sails (10 and 11 nights),

Go with an open-care free attitude and you'll do fine.

ENJOY

Carolyn

DonnaW

Thanks for your review and your answers tto my questions. Just a comment in regards to your ststaement about the number of Italians on board....

During the Mediterranean season, MSC is extremely popular withItalians - alot of people prefer this line to Costa which they view as being too American. Costa seems to attract the same demographic in Italy that Carnival does in the US.

The Caribbean cruises are populat with Italians as well. My Italian cousin and his fiancee were to join me on the Opera in March for a Caribbean cruise, and then sail home to Italy - however, due to some medical issues, this is no longer possible. So I will be going by myself, and hope to experience a European cruise to some degree - bring on the Risotto!!!!!

Funny thing on Lirica... found that there was a decaf urn that was filled from AM through evening at the pizza area and sometimes at the grille. This was in addition to the hot water with assortment of teas. The decaf was more than palatable (I was actually drinking it black w/splenda... and I'm not one to usually drink it dark) they also had half and half as well has warm milk available for the coffee... a nice touch.

Not sure if Lirica and Opera are running the same since Lirica is doing longer sails (10 and 11 nights),

Go with an open-care free attitude and you'll do fine.

ENJOY

Carolyn

I suppose it is possible that I missed it buy not likely since I was going through iced coffee withdrawal after Century! I love iced coffee but the caffeine is just too much for me. BTW, glad you are up and about!

RD, We booked on the basis of it being multi-national and we enjoyed it. I did not see any problems with the different groups on board and they all intermingled nicely. Sorry your cousin can't make it but I'm sure you'll have a great time! Do not pass up the spinach and ricotta canneloni! I could have lived on it!

Received a response from R. Keesler at MSC CRUISES regarding decaf coffee (ok, I'm a big coffee fan - don't care about the beef).

Laura

Here it is:

Thank you for your email. All of our coffee is imported from Italy and we have decaf and regular coffee both brewed. This is available in the dinning rooms, buffet and the Aroma Café.

We are looking forward to you cruising us in February

Received a response from R. Keesler at MSC CRUISES regarding decaf coffee (ok, I'm a big coffee fan - don't care about the beef).

Laura

Here it is:

Thank you for your email. All of our coffee is imported from Italy and we have decaf and regular coffee both brewed. This is available in the dinning rooms, buffet and the Aroma Café.

We are looking forward to you cruising us in February

Glad you clarified that. Think dh will be quite happy that I didn't since I would have lived in Aroma Cafe!

Archived