Joy Reviews aren't great

hondar

Hondar-  switched to river cruises years before, then last summer we decided to try Regent because of the med itinerary. Main reasons- because the size of new ships, like the idea of all-inclusive so no card is needed and not a fan of the class system. Loved Regent and if it was up to me we would have used them for this 6/15 Alaskan cruise. It seems your experience is what I fear. 

I know you are not saying you didn’t enjoy it but in the future...

tulok - Exactly!  My husband and I went on Regent to Alaska in 2016 and it was beyond amazing!  When you add everything up, it really wouldn't have been a lot more to use Regent for this trip, but I had my grandkids and thought the kids would enjoy the Joy more.   I think that they enjoyed the cruse a lot more than I did!

BTW, we were booked on a Regent Intensive Cuba cruise in October, and the itinerary had to be cancelled.  However the new Eastern/southern itinerary includes some smaller ports we haven;t visited.  Best of all, due to the incovenience, you could either cancel with full refund or take the revised itinerary at a 50% discount!!!  I understand that NCL is providing $100 shipboard credit for their revised itineraries. Ha!

44 minutes ago, hondar said:

tulok - Exactly!  My husband and I went on Regent to Alaska in 2016 and it was beyond amazing!  When you add everything up, it really wouldn't have been a lot more to use Regent for this trip, but I had my grandkids and thought the kids would enjoy the Joy more.   I think that they enjoyed the cruse a lot more than I did!

BTW, we were booked on a Regent Intensive Cuba cruise in October, and the itinerary had to be cancelled.  However the new Eastern/southern itinerary includes some smaller ports we haven;t visited.  Best of all, due to the incovenience, you could either cancel with full refund or take the revised itinerary at a 50% discount!!!  I understand that NCL is providing $100 shipboard credit for their revised itineraries. Ha!

Actually, NCL is offering 50% refund of the total fare plus a 50% credit for a future cruise if you sail the revised itinerary, or a full refund if you choose not to cruise.

CUBA TRAVEL POLICY UPDATE #3 June 6, 2019 12:30 PM ET (4:30 PM UTC)

On June 4, 2019, the United States government announced new and immediate travel restrictions to Cuba. As a result, we have ceased all calls to the country and are modifying previously scheduled sailings as appropriate. We share your disappointment and frustration caused by this unexpected change. Like you, we were surprised by this sudden modification to policy. We thank you for your patience and continued support as we navigate through this recent development. Guests who booked Cuba sailings with us will be contacted very shortly with a detailed communication. Please bear with us as we carefully work through each sailing.

Guests booked on cruises to Cuba through September 2, 2019 have two options:

• Sail the revised itinerary and receive a 50% refund of the cruise fare paid as well as a 50% future cruise credit valid through December 31, 2020.
• Cancel the booking and receive a full refund. If guests choose this option, we must be notified no later than June 11, 2019, midnight EST.

Sailings beyond September 2, 2019 will be automatically cancelled and refunds will be applied to the original form of payment. Guests impacted by these cancellations are offered a 20% discount off current cruise fares on any new voyages booked by August 5, 2019 for sailings no later than December 31, 2020.

We are so very sorry for this last-minute change but we do look forward to welcoming you on board again soon and providing an exceptional vacation experience. With our world-class team, our innovative fleet and over 300 destinations to visit, we know you will have the vacation of a lifetime no matter the destination.