Scenic Mountain Accent & World's Largest ZipRider Excursion (RCCL)

phillychick

I'm looking at the Scenic Mountain Ascent & ZipRider tour offered in Icy Straits.  One of the Important Tips is "This tour involves approximately 300 yards of walking, including on a steep gravel trail to the Zip launch -- how tough is this steep gravel trail to climb? 

When we did the Zip line the bus let us out some ways away, on a dirt road up at the top of the mountain.  We had to walk a little ways and I remember it was a pretty flat trail.  The biggest impression I got was all the bear skat along the trail.  Pretty fresh too.  The driver told us to stay together and not dawdle along the trail.  After hearing that I was highly motivated to keep up with the rest.  It shouldn't be too steep a climb unless they let you out much farther back.  it's possible that you walk down to the launch from the end of the path.

2 hours ago, PittsburghNative said:

I just did this tour last week. There was no climb, however, the trail getting to the ZipRider is pretty steep going downhill. It’s maybe a 2-3 minute walk depending on your pace.

Thanks for this info. It really helps.  Was is as exciting as it looks?  

Edited by phillychick

1 hour ago, phillychick said:

Thanks for this info. It really helps.  Was is as exciting as it looks?  

It was AMAZING. I will say I was slightly terrified before being released. You don’t grasp how high you are until you’re right there, but it’s totally worth the $ !!!

964E51B7-F853-46EE-A17F-4A35D0C013FE.jpeg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PittsburghNative said:

It was AMAZING. I will say I was slightly terrified before being released. You don’t grasp how high you are until you’re right there, but it’s totally worth the $ !!!

964E51B7-F853-46EE-A17F-4A35D0C013FE.jpeg

So cool. Can’t wait to do this.  

On the morning we rode the zip line  it was raining on top of the mountain & very cloudy.  They gave us goggles because we wear contacts and I was happy about that.  About half way down you could tell it was very sunny on the ground and made for a beautiful landing.  I must admit I was scared to death all the way down,  but my daughter was ready to repeat.  If you are scared of heights or have ever had dreams of falling, it was the same sensation for me.  I am glad I forced myself to do it  but will never again.  My daughter was so jazzed the whole way down and I had my eyes closed most of the way, go figure!  You can buy the t-shirts saying "I survived the zip line".