Alaska Direct To The Wilderness Princess Train Domed Car

hpeabody

I leave soon for Alaska.  I am a bit concerned about the allowed size of carry-on we can take in the train car.  Is the space really as small as it is being advertised?  My rolling carry-on I plan to take is smaller than the recommended length and width, but 6 inches in depth, not 4.  I did go to several stores to look and found nothing close to the 17 X 14 X 4 Princess recommended dimensions, specifically the depth.  For those who have experienced the train Denali to Whittier, is this 2 inches really going to be a problem?    Will I be forced to leave my rolling carry-on behind? I do not like the idea of the carry-on going in the truck with the big luggage.  I also can't imagine my necessities and  "real" valuables that always go in my rolling carry-on being out of my sight for more than 9 hours.

Edited by hpeabody

We are about are less than 2 months out and while it's hard we have seen mini back packs and other types of totes that will work.  We plan on having our paperwork, binoculars and medicine in it so we think we are good.  But since we never been we cant a swerve your question, so we will follow.

11 hours ago, hpeabody said:

I leave soon for Alaska.  I am a bit concerned about the allowed size of carry-on we can take in the train car.  Is the space really as small as it is being advertised?  My rolling carry-on I plan to take is smaller than the recommended length and width, but 6 inches in depth, not 4.  I did go to several stores to look and found nothing close to the 17 X 14 X 4 Princess recommended dimensions, specifically the depth.  For those who have experienced the train Denali to Whittier, is this 2 inches really going to be a problem?    Will I be forced to leave my rolling carry-on behind? I do not like the idea of the carry-on going in the truck with the big luggage.  I also can't imagine my necessities and  "real" valuables that always go in my rolling carry-on being out of my sight for more than 9 hours.

At least at the time I was on the then existent train, the only storage space for a carry-on was under your seat and my carry-on did not fit in that space.

So I kept it by my legs making my remaining leg space very limited.

Maybe the currently used train cars are different.