Getting Around in Havana?

OceansOfTravels

Quick Question: How do people primarily get around in Havana? We plan on using one of our two days for a guided tour of the city in a car (haven't decided on a company or specific tour, if someone knows a good company or a route that visits good sights, let me know please!), and we plan on using the other day for walking, primarily to visit the Museum of the Revolution, the Malecon, and whatever else we couldn't cover in our car tour. But, I notice both the museum and the Malecon are relatively far from the ship, so how can I get over there? I am personally a huge public transportation enthusiast, so if there is a bus, please let me know. Or do people primarily walk around? Are taxis expensive?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

Both are a couple miles from the cruise terminal. If you're in good shape, quite doable by walking.

I'm not sure about the public buses. They do exist but the lines are usually huge from what I saw. I don't think they are really an option.

Otherwise a cab. They aren't cheap but very cool to ride in those old cars. They are everywhere.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:55 PM, OceansOfTravels said:

Quick Question: How do people primarily get around in Havana? We plan on using one of our two days for a guided tour of the city in a car (haven't decided on a company or specific tour, if someone knows a good company or a route that visits good sights, let me know please!), and we plan on using the other day for walking, primarily to visit the Museum of the Revolution, the Malecon, and whatever else we couldn't cover in our car tour. But, I notice both the museum and the Malecon are relatively far from the ship, so how can I get over there? I am personally a huge public transportation enthusiast, so if there is a bus, please let me know. Or do people primarily walk around? Are taxis expensive?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

We used havanacar.net and highly recommend them.  We had a 4 hour car tour that included a cigar factory tour.  The rest of that day and the next morning, we just walked - a lot !!!

A taxi for the short distance you'll be traveling will run less than 5 CUC.  There are also those little yellow coco taxis available.  They are supposedly even cheaper.  I wouldn't want to ride a long distance in one (their max speed is close to a golf cart), but they'd be fun for your 1-2 mile drive.