Best Time of Day See Whales

janica

We are planning a whale watching tour with Captain Larry mid May. He offers three tours that would work with the time we are in port. The tours are at 9:30AM, Noon or 3:30PM. Would any one of these times be better for whale sightings? This will probably be the only tour we take and are so looking forward to it! Thanks for your help. :)

We are going with Captain Larry at 9:00AM. After the tour, he will drop us off at Mendenhall Glacier. After that, we plan to ride a taxi to the Glacier Gardens. After the Gardens, we plan to ride the city bus back to town. I think then we may still have a bit of time to walk around town. I am glad we will be in Juneau 12 hours.We are really looking forward to this day in Juneau.

Lp56

Can someone give me some information as to where I can find out more about the "Captain Larry" trip? I'm going on the 5/15/06 Island Princess Cruise and have already signed up for some excursions but wanted to check into this one. Sounds very interesting!

Archived