Cape Liberty Debark on RC - Car Service to Manhattan

WorkerBee74

I've done a lot of reading in other threads and have arrived at a car service being the best way to get to Manhattan (weighing cost/convenience) but I'm wondering about scheduling.

Our Adventure Of The Seas (Royal) cruise arrives at Cape Liberty at 6am on a Friday in September, but I'm wondering what time makes sense to actually schedule the car service for?  Obviously it will be hell getting *into*Manhattan during morning rush hour so I'd be OK with staying on the ship a bit longer - I know we'd have to vacate our rooms by a certain time, but what is the latest time everyone need to be off for?  If I booked it for 9 would that be too late?

As always thanks in advance 😉

PS - We are going to a Midtown area hotel, not to an airport - spending a few days post-cruise in Manhattan.

Edited by WorkerBee74

9 or 9:30 is probably fine.  There is sort of a "cell phone" waiting area along the side of the road.  Express walk off guests will likely start around 7 or so.  Thus, 9 or 9:30 should be good.  You can probably guess a little better when the debark tags are distributed and you can see what the latest time is for all guests to be off the ship.

You can maybe email to confirm with the car service on the last day, or even call them as soon as you dock. 

21 hours ago, megr1125 said:

9 or 9:30 is probably fine.  There is sort of a "cell phone" waiting area along the side of the road.  Express walk off guests will likely start around 7 or so.  Thus, 9 or 9:30 should be good.  You can probably guess a little better when the debark tags are distributed and you can see what the latest time is for all guests to be off the ship.

You can maybe email to confirm with the car service on the last day, or even call them as soon as you dock. 

Thanks very much!  We'll make it for 9:30 then and update that AM if we need it earlier - we're in no huge rush to get into Manhattan since our room won't be ready so we can have a leisurely breakfast and debark.

Edited by WorkerBee74
  • Like 1