Mall / Plaza Las Americas

waykaylincruz

We have a short port stop (7:00-1:00pm) next month while cruising on the Allure of the Seas.  My daughter and her friend want to take time to run to the Plaza Las Americas mall so they can visit the American Eagle store there. That's where they work here in Tennessee and they like the idea of visiting the store in San Juan. I know there is so much to see and do in San Juan that I hate to take time out to do this, but I was wondering if anyone can provide any insight on how far away is it from the pier and how long will it take and what is best mode of transportation to get there?  Any advice or information would be most appreciative!!

12 minutes ago, waykaylincruz said:

We have a short port stop (7:00-1:00pm) next month while cruising on the Allure of the Seas.  My daughter and her friend want to take time to run to the Plaza Las Americas mall so they can visit the American Eagle store there. That's where they work here in Tennessee and they like the idea of visiting the store in San Juan. I know there is so much to see and do in San Juan that I hate to take time out to do this, but I was wondering if anyone can provide any insight on how far away is it from the pier and how long will it take and what is best mode of transportation to get there?  Any advice or information would be most appreciative!!

It's about 5 miles. Traffic in the area can be heavy, so I'd say it will take about 20 minutes. I'd take a taxi or Uber. 

From what you said I imagine you already know this, but this would be a total waste of a short port call in a beautiful history-filled city. 

Edited by njhorseman