Conde Nast Ratings

Giorgi-one

Latest issue gives Celebrity top four spots in large ship category. Funny thing is that Constellation's cabins are rated higher than Infinity, Millenium and Summit. Of course, all four ships are identical. Also, I think Holland America and Princess have better cabins overall than Celebrity. X has nothing to compare with Princess Mini-suites and HAL SS suites at anywhere near the same price. Biggest complaint with me is the overhang on deck 10 of the Millenium Class ships which shades most balconies all day. Balconies on Deck 9 are almost claustrophobic.

I think the 'difference' in the cabin ratings comes from the age of the ship, Constellation being the newest.

I agree with you about Princess Mini-Suites, especially on the Sun Class ships, where you get a small living room, bedroom, and the nicest bathroom I've ever seen on a cruise ship! But for me, the best room in the world doesn't make up for some of the other amenities that I like better on Celebrity, food among them. I'll probably go on Princess again for the right itinerary, but the price will have to be enticing.

On the M class Celebrity ships, I think deck 6 and 7 are best for verandahs, but wouldn't stay on deck 9 because of the chance of noise from overhead, more than the dark balcony.

Andrew

On the M class Celebrity ships, I think deck 6 and 7 are best for verandahs, but wouldn't stay on deck 9 because of the chance of noise from overhead, more than the dark balcony.

Andrew

I agree. Our last cruise we were on deck 9 near the back of the ship and I don't think a night passed without something LARGE being dropped in the kitchen above. Even though it was across the hall and we were in CC it was still LOUD (so, Andrew, I'd just step outside and watch the sea go by!).

But how about a clean sweep, 1 through 4 for the Millennium class. And 6 of the top ten spots for Celebrity. Way to go.

Archived