Seapass Problem!

limochick

Ok, since I have your attention - what does "bump" mean?

Is there a definition area to go to?

When a thread has moved to the bottom of the list or on to page 2 or 3, someone will just write Bump in the message part to get it back to the top.

Threads move down the list when there is not activity.

I believe, like some of the other post, it's your responsibility, and your kids responsibility to have discretion over your own sea passes. I have also cruised with kids , they started at age 10,12, and have always been able to sign for things on their own. They had rules and had to follow them reguarding the pass. ANything expensive had to be signed with one of us there. (Thats anything over $10.00). $600 is nothing to sneeze at, I wish you luck.

We will be on the Mariner in just over 3 weeks. It will be the first time we are taking our younger 2 kids (10 & 12) with us on a cruise and specifically chose the Mariner for all the programs and activities for them. They have cruised twice before with their Mother and her family, so they know the ropes. We are allowing them $20 each per day for the arcade, virgin fruity drinks and whatever else they want to do or purchase on the ship. They have $100 of their own money to spend on the islands. I feel that is a generous amount for them on the ship. I can tell you that I will be checking thier account daily to make sure they don't over spend. If they did, I would absolutely make them pay for it with their own money, not to mention that there would be some harsh penalties for it...their card would be shut off, chores would be done when they got home until they payed off their debt. They know better. I could not hold the cruise line responsible. Yes, you may have thought that you requested that no charges be made on their accounts, but if you didn't sign the form and confirm it, you have only yourself to blame. Your kids made the charges, they are minors and they are ultimately your responsibility. It sux, but that is how it is.

I was on that cruise and I met the OP. She is actually 65 and her boyfriend is 70. The "kids" are age 40 and 42. They spent the money buying an original Rembrandt at the art auction......:rolleyes:
He shoots... He SCORES... GOOOOAAAAAALLLL!!!!!

Very funny Jerry

Whether this post is fact or fiction it is a lesson for all parents. If you are allowing your kids to charge on the SeaPass go to Guest Relations and have a limit put on the card. Also, check your charges everyday on the TV. The kids in our group watched the kids in the arcade swipe their SeaPasses in an ATM like machine and get credit on the Cards. They were about 10 years old at the time. I'm not making excuses for them but they had no clue how much money they were racking up. It was about $50 and we found it by checking the account on the TV. Needless to say they got the big sermon and a stop was put on the card. We now know for our next cruise to advise them of the amount they will be given by us and when it's used up the party is over. The kids had spending money which they had saved for the cruise. When they physically had the money they made wise choices re spending it. They could see how much they had left over and decided to save it for something they wanted more. There was no concept of that with the SeaPass. I'm off the soapbox now. Aren't you glad?

(no way little kids could do that damage in the arcade

While I agree with most of the opinions shared here, just as a cautionary note to other parents (or grandparents) that might travel with kids -- if left unsupervised and with no preset limits (and we mostly all agree what a bad idea that is), it is ENTIRELY possible for TWO kids to spend $600 in an arcade in 6 or 7 days. And that's with only a few hours per day spent in the arcade, which is not unheard of at all. Do the math -- .50 to $1.00 per PERSON per GAME, so could be $2.00 per two player game; 15 to 20 games an hour (some last 5 minutes or longer, but some will be done in as little as 1 minute) = $30 - $40 per hour x 3 hours per day = $90 - $100 per day x 6 days = $540 - $600 spent by 2 unsupervised kids spending just 3 (out of 24!) hours per day in the arcade.

Not saying its the case here, but anyone with responsibility for kids should not fool themselves into thinking that there's "no way" kids can go through that much money in an arcade!

And no, I'm neither a kid nor a grown-up arcade junkie, but I am a youth pastor, so I spend a LOT :) of time with a LOT of teens :eek:!

I was on that cruise and I met the OP. She is actually 65 and her boyfriend is 70. The "kids" are age 40 and 42. They spent the money buying an original Rembrandt at the art auction......:rolleyes:

Sheesh Jerry! You really DO need to warn people when you are going to do that. I spewed a mouthful of diet coke all over my monitor! ROFL

Tracy

A Troll is someone who posts a controversial subject, gets everyone all worked up and arguing with each other. Then they sit back and laugh at the responses. The official definition is;

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who posts rude or offensive messages on the Internet, such as on online discussion forums, to disrupt discussion or to upset its participants. "Troll" can also mean the message itself or be a verb meaning to post such messages. "Trolling" is also commonly used to describe the activity.

OP means original poster. Trolls usually have one or very few posts and their first post is something similar to the first post in this thread. They usually don't post anymore on the thread.

So now I see...... these people who do this actually ARE Trolls! Makes sense!;)

Jerry- you got cheesy hash browns all over my screen:D :D :D :D

You guys are too funny- thks for the lesson on trolls and op- i feel dialed in now- AND I did actually learn a lesson for my DS who is 11.5 and likes arcade games.... but not art work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was almost as good as the other post on dogs on ships and braille bingo cards:rolleyes:

Sheesh Jerry! You really DO need to warn people when you are going to do that. I spewed a mouthful of diet coke all over my monitor! ROFL

Tracy

Tracy ~ Perhaps Jerry should have clean-up duty. Wait maybe HE should get in touch with his "peeps" the 40 something Trolling sisters to mop up! Or Mom and Pop Troll to put a "maid service" charge on their seapass! :p

but is it called the SeaPass or SetSail card? With our online check in, we print off the SetSail Pass. Not important detail, I was just curious.

Your SetSail Pass that you print off on your computer will get you checked in and on the ship.

Your SeaPass Card is given to you after check in and before you board. It is your room key, it is used to get you on and off the ship and charge card used to purchase everything on board the ship.

Thats what it seems like to me too. But she sure got a lot of attention.

Yes, she did. Unfortunately most people like that who "hit and run", do get a lot of attention on here. I would like to see her come back with a few more details and answers.

Only good it did, true or false, is to give a heads up to other people with kids and SeaPass cards..

Archived