Princess Air - time arrived in San Juan from Toronto?

ohCanada

Can someone who has used "Princess Air" tell me what time of the day they had you in San Juan. We are flying out of Toronto. Do they try to get you there early to enjoy the afternoon on the ship (ship departs at 11:00pm) or do they care?

You don't actually say so, but you imply that you are flying Toronto to San Juan (via Miami?) same day as the ship leaves. Don't do it. Get there the day before and then you don't care what time you arrive. Do a search on these boards for horror stories of people who tried to fly down same day.

"Learn from other people's mistakes. You haven't got time to make them all yourself", eh?

Hi there!

DH and I chose to use Princess Air flying out of TO.

We did decide however to fly into San Juan the day before (we did not have to pay the deviation because we chose to book our hotel for the one (1) night through Princess as well)!

Now, we are not leaving until April so I have no idea as to which flights or times we are on yet, however my TA mentioned that I should be getting our itinerary around the end of February!

Once I do, I shall come back to this thread and let you know...

Princess does give you your flight information 60 days in advance, and then gives you 30 days from then to either "confirm" you except their flight itinerary or if you choose, you can pay the deviation and pick your own times...

Flight arrangements must be solidified within 30 day out.

Our TA also mentioned that every passenger she has booked Princess Air for, ended up on an AA flight (although thats not a guarantee). She only had one person come back not satisfied with the timing.

Apparently the flight times out of TO are usually pretty good on the way down (not so good on the way home)...

No charters available from TO to San Juan...

Most normal route from TO (with Princess) according to my TA was:

Toronto to Miami... Miami to San Juan!

San Juan to New York... New York to TO!

Again not guaranteed, just what she has seen!

Will let you know how things turned out for us...

BTW... I have been checking for flights on my own and in comparing the price we paid for our flight with Princess, I have yet to see anything cheaper from Toronto!

Now we just have to wait and see if we get the 14 hour "milk route" or not :D !

CCFan

Did you try Air Transat or Skyservice? they may fly to San Juan. If you can afford to do so, I would definitely recommend getting to San Juan a day earlier, especially if you haven't been there before. I've stopped there twice on cruises and just loved the old city. I have had nothing but bad luck when I've had to change planes in the U.S. The flight delays, not to mention cancellations, are unbelievable. My last trip to San Diego was a nightmare. Fortunately, I went a couple of days before the cruise. The only time I will now fly same day, is on a direct flight on a Canadian carrier from Toronto, and I leave very early in the morning.

Archived