Zaandam-Cabin B6205-Verandah Deck

Babcie3

We will be sailing on Ms Zaandam to the Panama Canal on March 5th. Can anyone tell me about this cabin? We are new to HAL and only sailed once before on Carnival so I'm not sure about the lay out. Any and all information about the location of this cabin and it's balcony would be appreciated. Is the view obstructed? Can we lay out on the balcony and actually get some sun? Is there a chaise on this balcony? I'm not even sure on which side of the ship this cabin is located. Sorry for the all questions.

We had a balcony on our Carnival cruise but it was just two chairs and a small table. It was nice but from what I read, HAL seems to be better.

Thank you for all your help. :rolleyes:

This cabin is on the starboard (right) side of the ship in the aft section. It's a standard verandah, meaning you'll not have a chaise out there. Your view will not be obstructed. And yes, HAL ships' cabins tend to be a bit larger than industry standard. We've sailed the Zaandam, and she's a wonderful ship.

The cabins on the Verandah Deck are the best value on the high seas in my opinion. Counting the verandah you have 292 sq. feet of space. The verandah has room for a chaise, small table and chair. Depending on the time of day you will most certainly be able to get sun. The cabin itself has a sitting area with sofa and a chair. The bathroom has a whirlpool tub and shower. You will also have a mini-bar and refrigerator.

I think you will enjoy it. You will also be able to get to the Lido easily. Just two decks above you and the stairs/elevator are close by. One deck down to the shops and dining room.

Enjoy!

Jim-

We were on the Zaandam this last March is a balcony cabin in that aft area of the Veranda deck. I believe we had one chair and one lounger on the balcony unless my feeble mind is failing me.:D I really enjoyed those cabins, quite close to everything!

Just got off the Zaandam on Tuesday. We had a verandah cabin on deck 6 (6124) port side. Here's what was in the cabin: 2 hair dryers (bathroom and bureau), lighted makeup mirror on bureau, flat panel wide screen LG tv, DVD player, radio you can access from bed, mini-fridge, bathrobes, whirlpool tub and hand held shower which can also be used as a regular shower at various levels (moves up and down pole),pillow top mattresses, sofa, comfy barrel type chair, table in front of sofa, good size verandah with chaise, chair and small cocktail size table, teak railings with plexiglass sides. fresh fruit and flowers and mini bar (for a price). 3rd HAL cruise. Cabins are quite large and verandahs more than comfortable. Yes, you can sun on the verandah if you are on the sunny side at the time. Lots of drawers and closet space. Also a safe which locks with a magnetic strip card. We were gone for 10 days and never filled up all the drawers and closet space. One more thing - 2 people can comfortably fit in the bathroom. Verandah cabins are an excellent value. Never felt cramped.

I have pictures of cabin if you want me to e-mail them.

Marsha

6228 is the furthest aft cabin on the port side. It will have all the amenities of the other verandah cabins. Plus there is a little used exit right outside your door that let you walk up to the Lido Deck without going back to the elevators or regular stairs.

Archived