Transportation

Hi,  We are a little behind in planning.  Going on a Princess cruise, leaving August 17 and returning August 25 from Dover.  We are flying in 2 days prior and staying one day later so need transportation from our hotel.  Staying at the Hilton Kensington.  Will need transport to hotel and also to Dover and returns.  I have checked some of the boards and I this is my list:

Smiths

Blackberry Cars

Simplyairports

WestQuay

Am I missing any companies to check with for transportation?  Also, not exactly sure what companies transport to port listed above from posts.

Thanks in advance!

Smiths and West Quay are based in the Southampton area, so not the choice to go from a London airport to a London hotel, nor from London to Dover.  Blackberry is based in London, so they are a good choice for all of your transfers. We used them this fall to pick us up at Heathrow and take us to our central London hotel, and later that week to take us to Southampton.   I would certainly use them again.  

Some years ago, we had booked Simply Airports for a transfer from our central London hotel to Heathrow. They never showed up, and when I called from the hotel they first claimed they couldn't find my booking, then claimed we had booked for a different time.  (Nonsense.  We had confirming emails of the booking, and we'd reconfirmed by phone once we arrived in London.)   Thankfully, the hotel was able to get us transport very quickly, and we made our plane.  I get that folks make mistakes, but Simply Airports did even reply to my email about this that I sent after arriving home.  Others have had better luck with them but, needless to say, I would never use them again.

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Some years ago, we had booked Simply Airports for a transfer from our central London hotel to Heathrow. They never showed up, and when I called from the hotel they first claimed they couldn't find my booking, then claimed we had booked for a different time.  (Nonsense.  We had confirming emails of the booking, and we'd reconfirmed by phone once we arrived in London.)   Thankfully, the hotel was able to get us transport very quickly, and we made our plane.  I get that folks make mistakes, but Simply Airports did even reply to my email about this that I sent after arriving home.  Others have had better luck with them but, needless to say, I would never use them again.

And as an antidote to death by anecdote, I would offer this post:-