GS vs KEY on Mariner?

8 hours ago, JTJT1 said:

Thank you everyone so much for the advice!  He is one of 4 kids, including an amazing older brother with autism who gets a lot of our attention, and my "mom guilt" just wants everything to be so special for him.  I know it will be without all the "extras", but if I can do it for him, I want to 🙂  I am going to try to work a ton of overtime in the next two months and just do what I can.  He gets tired easily, so I will take that into account.  Im hoping his new meds will help him gain some muscle tone before we leave so he wont burn out so easily.  We live in FL and he loves swimming/the beach so he is super excited for the water activities.  I will start researching to find out the best time for the things like Flow Rider & the slides, so he doesnt waste too much time in the sun waiting in lines.  He loves the excape rooms, so that will be a must do for sure and well worth the $$$ to him.  We eat pretty "clean" at home, so I will treat him with the soda package for sure! 

As far as disability services go, I think the only extra things he will need is an empty mini fridge for meds.  The JS we got is close to the elevators.  He does have anaphylactic reactions to bees, so if he does the kids club I will need to leave an epi pen of the wayyyyyy off change he would get stung by a cruise hitchhiking bee 🙂 He also needs to drink a ton of water, so I think I will need to order a case for the room just for the convenience.  

Just an FYI - I also have to give myself injections with touchy meds that need to be kept cold (not insulin.)  A kind person let me know that you can fill out a form for a medical fridge to be added to your cabin. The fridges that are in the cabins apparently are more like coolers and temperatures have the possibility of not being stable enough for touchy meds.

RCI was wonderful. Not only are they putting the medical fridge in our cabin but they are providing Sharps containers too. One less thing I have to pack.  

Here is the form.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

Good luck and best wishes to your son and your family for a fantastic cruise.