Calling Cinnamon!

Tigrou

Sorry about this but it's the only way I know of getting a message to Cinnamon, although it may be of interest to anyone else who is planning to cruise Celebrity.

Cinnamon - I think I saw on the Celebrity forum that you are planning a cruise on Summit.  Just wanted to let you know, in case you haven't already seen, that Celebrity have done another pricing change which for some people has resulted in savings.  I swapped my booking on Summit to the new pricing, upgraded my cabin and still saved a considerable amount so it's worth a look.  At the moment though it's only available when booking with Celebrity US, not UK, so needs to be done through a US travel agent who will accept bookings from the UK.  I don't think we can book direct with Celebrity US, certainly I can't even get onto their website without going through a proxy server, it always defaults to the UK one.  But you can check prices online through US travel agent websites.

Thanks Tigrou, our Summit cruise isn’t until late August 2020. However, we’re with a U.K. agent after booking onboard Azamara then transferring it to the U.K.  We already have Gratuties and a Classic drinks package included as the deals were very good at the time. 

Corinne

Hi Corinne

My Summit cruise isn't until October 2020 so I was surprised the new pricing was available.  Originally my booking included 2 'perks' but by switching to only one perk and a non-refundable deposit (which is the norm in the UK anyway, but not in the US) the price dropped by over $1K.

The perks generally seen as being best aren't worth the same to me as others.  As I don't drink alcohol, the drinks package is only worth the value of the non-alcoholic version, and only x1.  For a couple who drink the value is many times more.  Similarly as a solo traveller the dollar value of the gratuities is half what it would be for a couple.  Celebrity do give OBC for the invisible person I'm paying for, unlike Cunard.