Brisbane's cruise ship terminal

firstimercruiser

• 3 weeks later...

For those interested, this from the "Australian" newspaper, dated Feb 2nd 06.

"Multiplex is developing a $350million cruise-ship terminal development in Brisbane that is expected to open mid-July, a year behind schedule. "

Hopefully, it does open then and no more transfer hassles to the wharf.

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Do you know when they open the new terminal will there still be transfers from the transit centre or motels.

we have booked our accomodation already with the transfer in mind so I'm hoping this won't be a problem if the terminal has opened

Helen

Hi Trevor,

Do you know when they open the new terminal will there still be transfers from the transit centre or motels.

we have booked our accomodation already with the transfer in mind so I'm hoping this won't be a problem if the terminal has opened

Helen

As a pure guess I would say that once the new terminal opens, it will be up to passengers to make their own way to Hamilton. The only transfers that will be provided will probably be for passengers arriving at the Airport on the day of embarkation. Much the same as happens in Sydney currently.

Kym

Helen

Hopefully when the new terminal is opened, they won't need the transit centre, as everyone will make their own way to the terminal ,just like an airport,and just like like joining a cruise ship anywhere else.

Thanks for the info

looks like our T/A is going to have to look into this a bit more for me as we booked in town on their advice or maybe they could just come & pick us up :D x4 and the x6 from Perth who have also booked on their advice and seeing as they wouldn't coff up for the travel insurance for our complete booking they could cover the cost of a mini bus? lol

Helen

As a pure guess I would say that once the new terminal opens, it will be up to passengers to make their own way to Hamilton. The only transfers that will be provided will probably be for passengers arriving at the Airport on the day of embarkation. Much the same as happens in Sydney currently.

Kym

Maybe someone should suggest to Coachtrans (Brisbane Airport shuttle operator) to do shuttles to cruise terminal on sailing days. Would only mean more money for them. Maybe they could stipulate a minimum 24hr booking so they know how many people to cater for.

Trevor.

Maybe someone should suggest to Coachtrans (Brisbane Airport shuttle operator) to do shuttles to cruise terminal on sailing days. Would only mean more money for them. Maybe they could stipulate a minimum 24hr booking so they know how many people to cater for.

Trevor.

For people staying in the city - the City Cat to Brett's Wharf and short walk along the river would be a good way to get out there. Only draw back of that is the need to carry the luggage.

If your luggage has wheels you could almost walk from the airport....

to the new terminal.........it's not that far....is it???????????;) ;)

No, not far at all. I'm sure in the "good old days" folk walked further to school without boots in the rain, carrying their brother/sister........... :)

IF the Airport terminals were on the southern side of the runway not the northern side, you literally COULD walk to the temporary terminal at Pinkenba, it's that close.

Yes, walking was just a joke.

I am really looking forward to the new terminal becoming operational as I believe it will herald in a whole new era of cruising from Brisbane.

Lets hope they get it right as the terminal gives everyone their first impression of the cruise and the cruise line.:) :)

Yes, walking was just a joke.

I am really looking forward to the new terminal becoming operational as I believe it will herald in a whole new era of cruising from Brisbane.

Lets hope they get it right as the terminal gives everyone their first impression of the cruise and the cruise line.:) :)

More importantly, it will gives a much better impression of Brisbane, than than passengers arriving in Brisbane have had since regular passenger shipping to Brisbane ceased and the in town passenger facilities made way for luxury appartments and river side walkways. Over the last 20 years or so, cruise ships arriving in Brisbane have been treated to container wharves (Fisherman Island), Sugar loading facilities (Colmslie)m general frieght handling (Hamilton - near where new terminal is being built) and more recently grain silos (at the current tempoary facilities at Pinkenba).

Kym

Archived