Waterproof camera: Kodak or Fuji?

crzn4fun

Don't know for a fact, but lots I have read says Fuji for blues & greens (like the water in the Caribbean) and Kodak for reds and I forget what else. Because of that, we usually take Fuji when snorkeling. I've never taken both and then compared. Anybody try that?

K-Mart has a cheap camera good to 25ft. It is the Snap Sights SS04 for 8 dollars has Asa of 200 in it with 27 shots. Found best to use the 200 film out of the water and use 400 speed film in the water. The camera is in a water proof casing and is easy to use in or out of the casing.

Paul

Thanks everyone. I actually found a website where I ordered the 27 exposure 800 speed Fuji for $3.99 plus shipping. I ordered 10 since we will be going on 3 cruises this year where we will get wet. They ended up averaging a little less than $5 each including shipping. The website address is www.ecamerafilms.com/underwater-camera.html.

crzn4fun - Thanks for the great site!

I have tried both kinds at the same time, and then labeled the envelopes when I had them developed. I could see no difference in the quality of the pictures - they were both good. I do notice that when taking pictures down towards deeper depths, the blue of the Carribbean waters makes the pictures look blue. I can sure live with that!

I like the Fuji better because of the lever action rather than the button. My daughter likes the button better. It is nice there are choices!

Archived