Still Not Sure on how to get from FLL to MIA

2boyzmom

Ok- so I have a min van rented becuase there are 6 of us arriving a day early. It just seems like a hassle to return it back to the airport then taxi back to the port or hotel. Any other advice? We are traveling with 2 little boys ages 4 and 6 and I want this to be as least stressful as possible ( Is that possible with 2 boys, a full time nursing job, 2 cats, a dog, etc ) Ha Ha. Boy- I need this vacation!

If you will go to something like "transportation from Miami to Fort Lauderdale" in your search, several means of transportation appear, and you can make your selection.

I had family flying in from Sweden to Miami, and they used the shuttle service and were quite pleased with the service (both to and from).

Have a great vacation, and while in Ft. Lauderdale, take the kids on the water taxi to Las Olas. You'll love it.

Who did you rent from? a couple of places have down town pick up and drop off sites. I am renting a van on our return from AVIS at the downtown location which is 1.2 miles from the port taking a cab to the office. You could do it in reverse, drive to port and unload, have one of you take the car to the downtown drop off and hope a cab the 1.2 miles back to the ship.

It seems as though several posters here have recommended a few sources of transportation in the area, such as Tri-County??? Can anyone help with specific suggestions?

Check with your rental agency. Most in FLA allow free drop off at a point different than pick up and provide shuttles to the piers.

Archived