Montserrat, Spain-tour from the ship

Lorenzago

If you are going by ship to Barcelona and heading up to Montserrat on a siteseeing tour with the ship on a SUNDAY, please be aware of your time and get the name of the guide precisely,  you do not want to be left...there are NO taxis going up there, it's all families going to hear the Boy"s choir. About a year ago, we were left by the tour guide, from the ship, we were on time to our meeting place, but for some reason, the tour guide left without three of us! Had we had the information from the ship's newsletter about the port we were at,  we could have called, but didn't take the info with us, assuming we would be riding home with our tour bus. By a miracle, my husband found a private driver who was taking a lady to the airport and the three of us hitched a ride with him, at the cost of 90 euros. It was well worth it, but we demanded and got a reimbursement from the Royal C. ship, Allure, with much disagreement from the purser about it being our fault. I hope they fired the private company guide who left the three of us behind, as it was a very unpleasant and stressful struggle to get back to the ship on time.

It is also a very easy tour to do on your own.  You can buy a combo ticket at the rail office in Cataluna(sp) square that include local subway to the train, train to Montserrat, and trip up by a choice of way up the mountain.  I think it is about 30 euro pp return.   I suspect you may even be able to purchase on line.

Edited by iancal