Do I needbuy new cloths

GerriJS

Need is so subjective . . . ;) I always need to buy new clothes for vacation. :D

In reality, you don't have to spend the extra money. He'll be fine in a dark suit, maybe even a blazer & dress pants. He can also rent a tux on board if you really want to go formal.

You can wear anything you'd wear to a dressy evening out, a fancy wedding or to church. Add high heels & some sparkly jewelry & you'll be fine.

Check out the "fashion boards" for more advice.

Bon Voyage.

the fashion boards... ummm

you dont have to wear a formal gown-- a nice dress will do as will a suit for the DH.

My mom wore a dressy pants suit. So to answer your question-- no you dont have to buy a tux and ball gown

gerrijs, when in april are u going? we will be on the ship 4-16. and there will be people in tuxes and all that and some may even look down on you but oh well, wear what you have, a nice pant suit or dress, hubby in jacket....u will do just fine! u will have a good time! take i t from me, this is my 9th go-round

the fashion boards... ummm

you dont have to wear a formal gown-- a nice dress will do as will a suit for the DH.

My mom wore a dressy pants suit. So to answer your question-- no you dont have to buy a tux and ball gown

Actually, I find the fashion board to be probably the most civil board on Cruise Critic. All the ladies (and some gentlemen) give opinions, advice and are very friendly with each other. No need to be wary of it at all. There are a few over there who are quite knowledgeable about fashion, most of us there are just average, everyday people with curiosity.

To the OP, no, you don't need to buy a new evening gown, but you can if you want to! Your husband can wear a dark suit if he wants to. I've read that Carnival is a bit less dressy than other lines, so even a cocktail length dress will do for you.

I'm all for packing light, if you can manage one black cocktail dress with different accessories, or evening pants with different tops, you could be set for both formal nights. Many 7 night cruises have 2 formal nights, not just one. I'll also do the same thing for the casual evenings, a nice pair of black pants and different tops to mix and match.

So, don't go out and blow a bunch of money on cruise clothes, use what you already have, maybe a new thing or two. Cruises are full of everyday folk, just like you!

Have a wonderful first cruise.

How much does it cost to rent a tux on board? We are ging on the Carnival Victory this spring and do you rent it for the entire cruise so you can wear it to both formal nights?

When last I checked the tux rental was around 80 bucks, two shirts and you keep it the cruise. You may want to cj

heck the Carnival web site for current prices and availability.

PS: I have heard many a guy say they've bought Tux's on E-bay for about the price of a rental.

A nice long black skirt with different tops is always o.k. (Maybe you can even sew it yourself!)

Your husband can either wear a tux, but also a dark suit is o.k.

As mentioned their are many ways to get that at a good price.

Archived