Any swimming/slides on Joy???

Msmojo66

I read one trip report where there were no slides or swimming on the Joy.  Anyone with experience????  While sailing on Jewel in May 2015, we were able to enjoy the pool twice!!! Hoping that they are open even if a bit colder...we were very lucky on our sailing last time, warm weather, no coats, no rain, etc.  Looking at August 3rd.  

Thank you all in advance!!!

Michelle

We were on last week.

We only had about 2.5 days that were ok for swimming. I’m sure later in the summer or just a different week could bring nicer weather. If you need warm weather to swim, I wouldn’t count on it, but if you are from hearty stock (aka colder climates) you should be able to get in some swimming most days. 

That said, the one water slide that goes over the side was never open the entire trip (that I saw).  The other one was open at least the first day because my kids went down it. 

The hot tubs and adult pool were open.  The kid pool was closed on the nicest sailing day due to an adult throwing up in that pool. 

I am not sure, but I do think the pools and splash/kid slide area were closed during the worst weather. I did see people in the hot tubs during heavy rain and 45 degrees though. 

• 2 weeks later...

The pools were open everyday and they are heated. The tube slide was open everyday and the drop slide was open 3 of the seven days. The hot tub in H20 was great without all the kids as the kids took over the hot tubs by the pools :)