Live Allure Review 7/7-7/14: Vegetarian, gluten free, disabilty inclusive

On 7/30/2019 at 10:52 AM, tomservo said:

How was Central Park 150? How well do they accommodate vegetarians? What items did you end up getting?

It was SO SO SO good. Tied for best meal I've had one RCCL. I had the pumpkin bisque, the beet salad (both were phenomenal). the cauliflower steak (so-so; it was more an entired cooked cauliflower than a steak), and almond cake (GF option) for dessert. Definitely very veg friendly; there was another soup and another salad also that were vegetarian too. Highly recommend!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CatLadyFemme said:

It was SO SO SO good. Tied for best meal I've had one RCCL. I had the pumpkin bisque, the beet salad (both were phenomenal). the cauliflower steak (so-so; it was more an entired cooked cauliflower than a steak), and almond cake (GF option) for dessert. Definitely very veg friendly; there was another soup and another salad also that were vegetarian too. Highly recommend!

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. Did you have to make arrangements beforehand, or you were able to just walk in and get all of that? Also cauliflower steaks are supposed to be a slice of a whole head of cauliflower, almost like a 3/4" thick cross section, but it sounds like they gave you a whole head? :classic_tongue:

Edited by tomservo

19 minutes ago, tomservo said:

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. Did you have to make arrangements beforehand, or you were able to just walk in and get all of that? Also cauliflower steaks are supposed to be a slice of a whole head of cauliflower, almost like a 3/4" thick cross section, but it sounds like they gave you a whole head? :classic_tongue:

All of that is on their normal menu (the pumpkin soup wasn't labeled as GF, but they left the croutons out and then it was!).

And yes about the steak - I am familiar with them, so that was quite a surprise. Still tasty, just not what I was expecting. 

As a side note for meat eaters, the short rib starter was the favorite item of all the omnivores at the table; two said it was the best thing they had on board the whole time.