Evening entertainment on the Sun

moesyk4

We got a great deal on a 5 night cruise on the Sun for January 2020. I understand it is an older ship and we have sailed plenty of older ships, but our last two were on the Getaway and Allure of the Seas and so I am a little concerned we will be bored in the evenings. My husband isn't much for the dance shows...is that pretty much all that is offered? We enjoy comedians, some of the fun game shows, etc. He can do a dance show probably once, but we would be looking for other variety as well. We are not dance club people either. Will we be bored?

There will musicians in some of the bars/lounges in the evenings.  Games shows are at the discretion of the Cruise Director so that all depends on who will be on board for your sailing.  Seriously I have never been bored on a cruise.

Allure vs Sun entertainment is apples to oranges, to say the least. Allure has the aqua theatre, broadway musicals, ice shows, etc. Its an Oasis class ship, a league of its own. Sun has...some bands at night and some horrendous comedians. And from what I recall the crew put on some variety show that I can’t speak to as I had no interest.

I have only done 3 nighters on the Sun so the trip was so short that the lack of entertainment didn’t bother me much. However, I too am considering a dirt cheap 5 night in August (one of the rescheduled Cuba itineraries) and entertainment is a concern that’s crossed my mind. But, you get what you pay for. Interior GTY is like $800 with the open bar included.