Saint John, NB transit bus tour interest?

timolin

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 8:05 PM, timolin said:

Has anyone taken the Saint John transit bus tour? Did you like it? What is the official name, website and how far is it from the cruise dock? Thank you.

My mom and I are doing this tour this fall.  I can come back in October and let you know how it was.  As for websites, try thinktransit.com and then click on City Tours.  I found the tour via TripAdvisor.  They don't take advance reservations and payment is only via cash, but for $25US, mom and I thought it was worth trying. The pickup/drop off point is "just up the street from the cruise terminal on Water Street".

Edited by olemissreb
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Took the tour last week and I highly reccomend  it. Hear are some pointers:

St. John, New Brunswick -  https://www.saintjohn.ca/en/home/cityhall/transportation/transit/services/citytours.aspx

Saint John Transit City Bus Tour is a 2 hour tour on a city bus with full narration of the city with two stops (City Market and Reversing Falls). First bus out is at 10:00 AM  and they determine how many tours to offer based on how may ships are in town. Call them a few days before your arrival to see how many buses will run. They are scheduled every 45 minutes starting at 10:00 AM. The cost is $25 US or $30 CN which sure beats all other tours in town. Bus stop is on Waters St. and is a few blocks from the ships. Look for a sandwich board on the sidewalk heading toward town for tour times. There were 3 ships in town and we didn't catch the first 2 buses but got on the third bus. Great tour.