Santorini - last tender back to Millennium

GMan55

Can anyone who has been on the Millennium that visited Santorini tell me when is the last tender back to the ship when it departs at 11:15pm?

Thanks.

GMan55,

I think it was at 10:30pm or 10:45pm. I know that after dinner, I took a tender back to the Island to take some night time photos. Santorini at night is very, very special -- I recommend spending the day there, and then return at night. I checked in with the tender operators when I got off and they said not to worry about making the return tender. I got on, what I thought was the last tender, but they ran another one after that.

Enjoy!

Kel

Susan-M and kelmac,

Thanks for the information. My wife and I along with some friends on the cruise plan on seeing the sunset on Oia. I wanted to make sure there'll be tenders when we return.

GMan55

Gman...

The Oia Sunset was a priority when we were there as well. We rented a car for the day and toured the whole island, leaving Oia till the end. By that time (after 4) many of the tour buses had headed back to Fira and it was easy to find parking. We had dinner in Amoudi (the port below Oia) and then watched the sunset. Even more amazing than the sunset, are the number of people that line up to see it. They are on every walkway, on roofs, at the fortress, etc. to see it. The sun set early (~7:15) when we were there in Sept. so we were back in Fira by 8 ... and then walked down the stairs after dark....but that is another story:) It's a beautiful island... this is a link to some spectacular photos that someone has posted:

http://community.webshots.com/album/8234522FGDhDBmzPw/0

When is your cruise?

Susan-M,

We'll be at Santorini on Sept. 28, 2006. How was the sunset at Amoudi? The guide that we're considering using recommended we have dinner in Amoudi while watching the sunset.

Thanks,

GMan55

GMan - I think it's a great suggestion. If you look at the pictures in the link in my post above, the second picture is of Amoudi Bay (the white buildings on top of the cliff are Oia).

There are tavernas lining the seawall in Amoudi - with outdoor grills, and great food (the one we ate at is called Katina's). Amoudi is worth seeing also, because a lot of the buildings are constructed from red bricks made of volcanic rock.

The sunset wasn't too spectacular that day, a few clouds got in the way, but it's one of those thing that I didn't want to miss and I'm glad I didn't.

Archived