Question about wearing Jeans formal nights

b8tzm

STOP THE MADDNESS!! Can no one enter an opinion without getting slammed? I've been on this board for over 4 yrs (total number of posts does not include what was here before the redo of the site) and in all that time I have never seen the board so confrontational. We get new people on here who don't know about search buttons and have not been on the board so don't know what has been talked about a brazillion times. Play nice! That does not mean we all have to agree on everything. Seems like if you say something good about Carnival you are labeled a Carnival groupee and if you say something bad about Carnival you are either a lurker of a Carnival basher. Doesn't leave much room for middle ground. "Vented."

Now reference jeans on formal nite. Think someone up above pointed out that the dress was recommended, not required. That pretty much leaves it up to the individual. I for one would not go to the dining room in jeans on formal nite but thats just me. Nor would I wear shorts to the dining room regardless of whether it is formal nite or not - just seems tacky to me. Do I look askew at those who do - yes I probably do but its not a federal case. And frankly I would have to go home and look at the guidance in my ticket folder for the definitive guidance on whether the attire is mandated or not.

gfsmith-- the "dress code" is not what one makes of it. If people could wear anything, there would no dress code in the little booklet that comes with the docs. Some peole just think the dress code does not pertain to them.

Argh! I'm so tired of the whole jeans debate.

ANd I agreee with GC. it's fun to see what everybody has on---most people look just gorgeous--and you can bet I'm checking out the whole dining room too!

STOP THE MADDNESS!! Can no one enter an opinion without getting slammed? I've been on this board for over 4 yrs (total number of posts does not include what was here before the redo of the site) and in all that time I have never seen the board so confrontational. We get new people on here who don't know about search buttons and have not been on the board so don't know what has been talked about a brazillion times. Play nice! That does not mean we all have to agree on everything. Seems like if you say something good about Carnival you are labeled a Carnival groupee and if you say something bad about Carnival you are either a lurker of a Carnival basher. Doesn't leave much room for middle ground. "Vented."

Since you referenced my post... I'll respond... first of all, I did not tell the poster to use the search feature, nor was the "brazillian" comment directed at her not seeing the other posts on the same subject the last 24 hours... it was "an inside joke", and I was simply saying what had been discussed over time, since the poster was new and might not have the benefit of knowing it had been discussed before, I can look at the date they joined and tell they are new, and was explaining it had been discussed, and WHAT was discussed... period! let's not always assume what people are trying to say okay?

it's fun to see what everybody has on---most people look just gorgeous--and you can bet I'm checking out the whole dining room too!

We are human. We laugh sometimes at what some people think is formal. We just hope that is the reaction said people are looking for.

Even funnier is sometimes catching the stares of others looking at said people. :eek:

I am likely to wear a Tux to David's supper club, not needed, but certainly appropriate.

Besides my wife will like it if I do, the more formal I dress, the less amount of time I end up being dressed at all.

Even if that were not true, I would do that just to make her happy.

My teenage son who hates to get dressed followed the rules on our past two cruises. At least when it came to formal night.

On our Valor cruise he had a Black suit and Tux shirt and tie.. On our last cruise on the Liberty he refused to bring that black suit etc.. He wore a very nice suede blazer and dress pants with tie.. Looked great.

Now we were seated in the upper level of the dining room to a side.. at the end. Not too many people on our side eating.. guess they went to the buffet.

After the first formal night he "trashed his dress slacks" so we had to revert to jeans.. cie la vie.. but the other teenage boy at our table wore his jeans too without the excuse of spilling a thing!!

These things happen. Fortunately noone knew we existed in the balcony.. (I hate sitting here but we were too lazy to make a fuss and had never been seated here previously, We felt like the poor relation! So we won't let this happen again!

( I know we should have been prepared for stains.. we didnt have our spot out stick!)

The endless jeans debate! *sigh*

To answer the OP's question, I have never seen anyone get the boot at dinner, but I have no doubt that it has been done. What I have seen is a girl in a swimsuit and coverup being denied entrance to the dining room at lunch.

As to whether or not jeans should be worn to the dining room for dinner, maybe you should all read the sticky at the top of the Princess forum by SeaTeacher. That tells you a lot.

"gfsmith-- the "dress code" is not what one makes of it. If people could wear anything, there would no dress code in the little booklet that comes with the docs. Some peole just think the dress code does not pertain to them!"

Um.....its a suggested dress code, recomended formal not required

Just saying no need to be fancy to have a good time. Your clothes dont make who you are, and some people just make too much out of what other people are wearing.

I think everyone should just be HAPPY!!!!

Bathe and clean up before dinner......thats always a plus..........lol

No shorts and no T-shirts...........Another big plus

And most importaintly.......Have a good time and relax and enjoy your on vaation :)

I am likely to wear a Tux to David's supper club, not needed, but certainly appropriate.

Besides my wife will like it if I do, the more formal I dress, the less amount of time I end up being dressed at all.

Even if that were not true, I would do that just to make her happy.

Astronomer,

I know that you think the world of your wife. She's a very lucky lady.

Is polygamy legal anywhere and, if it is, would you move there please?!

;)

The endless jeans debate! *sigh*

To answer the OP's question, I have never seen anyone get the boot at dinner, but I have no doubt that it has been done. What I have seen is a girl in a swimsuit and coverup being denied entrance to the dining room at lunch.

As to whether or not jeans should be worn to the dining room for dinner, maybe you should all read the sticky at the top of the Princess forum by SeaTeacher. That tells you a lot.

hstrybuf, If I wear my underwear on my head ..(there is no mention of this in the suggested guidelines) and socks in my ears (no mention of this either).

Do you think I will be permitted to come into the dining room??:o

hstrybuf, If I wear my underwear on my head ..(there is no mention of this in the suggested guidelines) and socks in my ears (no mention of this either).

LMAO!! I would enjoy that, make for a good conversation.

As long as your ok with it, my dinner will still taste the same.........lol

I needed a good laugh!;)

ROFL!!!! Folgy, if they let you in the door, come to my table, pleeeeeease! :D We'd be laughing too much to ever notice the poopaloopas!

Now reference jeans on formal nite. Think someone up above pointed out that the dress was recommended, not required. That pretty much leaves it up to the individual. I for one would not go to the dining room in jeans on formal nite but thats just me. Nor would I wear shorts to the dining room regardless of whether it is formal nite or not - just seems tacky to me. Do I look askew at those who do - yes I probably do but its not a federal case. And frankly I would have to go home and look at the guidance in my ticket folder for the definitive guidance on whether the attire is mandated or not.

As a relatively new person, I am going to suggest that there are no more than 10 people on this board who take it upon themselves to slam everyone who does not agree with them.

Having said that please remember that denim and jeans are not one in the same. If someone comes to the dining room on "formal" night with a suit made from denim who is anyone to say that is not formal? (By suit I mean dress footwear, pants, coat, dress shirt and tie (for men)).

Has anyone seen someone get booted for wearing jeans on a formal night? We saw people wearing them Dec 11-18th (both formal nights) and they weren't booted

I have seen people booted for wearing tshirts. Whether or not they were wearing jeans seems to be a non-factor. Jeans are not a dress code (that doesn't exist) violation.

Archived