Princess Oahu Excursion-Royal Hawaiian Beach Day

Hazegreyunderway

Hi all,

We’re taking the Grand to Hawaii this November 18-Dec 3 2019.

We are thinking of doing the Royal Hawaiian Hotel beach excursion ( listed on the princess site) in Honolulu for the day. My beautiful wife and I have been going to Hawaii for over 50 years and just want to relax on the beach, no hassles.  Been there and done that with the touristy stuff. 

Does anyone have any feedback, good or bad on that excursion?  Type of lunch, service and drinks? Beach conditions?

As a reference, we took the Grand last year on a 10 day Mexico cruise.  We took the Cabo beach excursion to Casa Dorada and it was wonderful.

Thanks for the info.

Hi,  we've done this cruise before and are doing it again the sailing before yours (11/3).  I looked at that excursion but I think the only thing it includes it the transportation and 2 lounge chairs and umbrella.  No food or beverage.  You can take THE BUS (that's the real name) from outside the terminal to Waikiki for $2 for an all day senior pass (check their website thebus.org).   It looks like you can rent a lounge set for $40.  I did just see a website resortpass.com and I'm going to poke around there to see if there is something interesting.  I hope you have a great trip!

For years we take the bus to the Waikiki beach. Very nice shaded spots where you can take your towel and lay out on the grass for free. And come and go as you please. Last time they would not let us have senior pass going as I did not have my drivers license with me to prove our age. Going back driver let me on for a buck.