Carnival Magic - Just returned, any questions? Review coming soon!

Debbierpof

Never mind...found it!  Thanks anyway.

So nice of you to do this, Debbierpof!

I just have one question (we're on Magic, spa balcony, deck 12 in September):

Does the balcony have a roof/ceiling?  We'd heard it didn't, but that sounds like hot days.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Edited by MidwesternCruiser2
found answer to question...no longer needed

On 8/15/2019 at 11:18 PM, Debbierpof said:

The Steakhouse was definitely worth it!!! Avoid the Italian place. I believe they still have the wine offer. Large and delicious portions. The mushroom appetizer and the lobster bisque were great, too. Enjoy!!!

Why avoid the Italian place?  I ate at it on the Vista a couple of months ago and really enjoyed it.

On 7/12/2019 at 9:51 PM, Debbierpof said:

This was our fourth or fifth Chef's Table. They had three CTs. Advice? Don't eat all the olives! 🙂 Sorry, that became an inside joke - and you'll understand why after your CT.  Words of wisdom - pace yourself. 🙂 If you've never done a CT, it's a 3 hour event and definitely worth it!

Did you reserve the Chef's Table prior to sailing?  Did you get to pick which night you did it?  We're on a short 5-night cruise.

Thanks!

On 8/15/2019 at 11:18 PM, Debbierpof said:

The Steakhouse was definitely worth it!!! Avoid the Italian place. I believe they still have the wine offer. Large and delicious portions. The mushroom appetizer and the lobster bisque were great, too. Enjoy!!!

I will have to disagree with you on avoiding the Italian restaurant. We enjoyed it so much on the Magic that we went twice.  The service was also amazing. 

On 8/20/2019 at 8:59 AM, HUNNY BUN said:

Did you reserve the Chef's Table prior to sailing?  Did you get to pick which night you did it?  We're on a short 5-night cruise.

Thanks!

Ours was an 8-night cruise and they had multiple Chef's Tables - we were assigned our night. We did book prior to boarding. Enjoy!

On 8/20/2019 at 11:58 AM, rtap23 said:

I will have to disagree with you on avoiding the Italian restaurant. We enjoyed it so much on the Magic that we went twice.  The service was also amazing. 

It may have been an off day... server was very nice; there was only one table with patrons and we had to wait a bit to be seated (as well as another couple). Food didn't seem much better than the MDR (which means it's good not spectacular). Again, my soup was delicious and my daughter's ice cream was amazing. Hope that it was a one-time error with us because it's nice to have good options. :-) 

On 8/19/2019 at 8:21 PM, sj25 said:

By any chance any price list for spa service when in a cloud 9 room...we booked one for Nov 2020 and can't wait!

So did you the spa cloud 9 benefits much?

I had never used the spa or spa amenities before until this cruise. The last day at-sea I spent most of my day in and out of the spa (sauna, steam room, spa pool....). I took advantage of deals and got a 75 minute massage and mani/pedi. They were all fantastic. I'll have to look for the price sheet.

On 8/19/2019 at 1:34 PM, E Heffa said:

Why avoid the Italian place?  I ate at it on the Vista a couple of months ago and really enjoyed it.

Okay... maybe not avoid -- we may have had an off night. Just didn't seem worth paying extra when our experience was not wonderful.

On 8/18/2019 at 8:20 PM, MidwesternCruiser2 said:

Never mind...found it!  Thanks anyway.

So nice of you to do this, Debbierpof!

I just have one question (we're on Magic, spa balcony, deck 12 in September):

Does the balcony have a roof/ceiling?  We'd heard it didn't, but that sounds like hot days.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

No roof! So part of the day it will be hot. :-) Still loved it!