food ?? Celebrity or Princess

jackjoyus

We just got off a cruise to Hawaii on the Island Princess, the cruise was wonderful, but the food was really bad and the evening entertainment was awful. We have cruised on Princess several times, but have been dissapointed the last few times Please has anyone else thought the same thing!! I would sure like to know if it is just us!! We are booked on the Celebrity Summit for Alaska, can hardly wait.

We just got off a cruise to Hawaii on the Island Princess, the cruise was wonderful, but the food was really bad and the evening entertainment was awful. We have cruised on Princess several times, but have been dissapointed the last few times Please has anyone else thought the same thing!! I would sure like to know if it is just us!! We are booked on the Celebrity Summit for Alaska, can hardly wait.

It's not you! We were on the Grand Dec 2004 and the food was SLOP! Dining room fare was either tasteless or just plain bad and the buffet.......Horrendous. The cold selections all had a shiny glazed over look and tasted old and the hot selections (such as they were) were awful. We watched the pastry guy cutting cakes with a knife that he kept dipping into a vat of slimy water; got us sick to our stomaches. So, no, it's not you....

Enjoy the Summit. You'll notice a HUGE difference.......Vicki

We found that the Princess food went down-hilll over the years and food was no longer a strength for Princess. We always found the food on Celebrity to be a strong point for Celebrity and much better than what we experienced on Princess.

Keith

I was just on Sea Princess 3 weeks ago (see my thread on which I gave an onboard commentary 'Devoted X'er Goes Princess' and companrisons between the two lines) and while Princess has many nice ammenities, food is certainly not one of them! Celebrity food remains, on mainstream cruiselines, the gold standard.:D

Archived