Spirit Bridge Cam Now Online

discjoker

Ooh, ooh, I found it!! Use the link below, you will find the link "Bridge Cam" at the top right.

http://www.ncl.com/fleet/spirit/deckplans.htm

Yep, I was just poking around this morning on the NCL website and that is where I found it. I think it just must have gone up late last night because I don't think it was there yesterday morning.

GREAT!! But to me the angle seems a bit um, bad. There seems to be a lot of roof in the shot...

Glad to see it though. I want to see how the seas are on the way back to NYC.

Hey! You all will be able to see my cruise as the first one with the camera!! I feel sooo special now.

~Intrepid

PS - Now if NCL would just update the deckplans on the website, geesh.

I believe that is the sun shade not the roof. Time will tell:)

That was my assumption as well. Looks as though the sun is extremely bright at the moment, so that would certainly be logical. A few hours time will tell the tale. ;) Really happy to see a bridgecam on this ship now!!! :D

Shoreguy,

As usual, I bow to your superior knowledge. It appears you are correct as the sun shade is now gone!! Nice view now!

But what about those deck plans on NCL.com??????? ARRRGGGGHHH!!

I dont know how to post the new shot, but I think the one above is updating.

~Intrepid

love the web cams, but until NCL starts updating them more often, we sure miss alot. Seems even though it says they update every 15 min., it's more like every 2 hours. Please NCL, more updating.

It seems to me, at least on this computer that it is updating every 30 mins at 3 mins and 2 secs after the hour and half hour.

It is supposed to be every 15 mins, but it aint.

Check the time at the top of the webcam shot and take note of when it changes.

~Intrepid

I think it updats every 30 minutes. Too slow to make a video out of it. Like in and out of ports.

They made a great video from the once a week updates of the building of the Jewel. I gave them a CD of the shots and now on every cruise that show the video.

Hey Intrepid guy,

just noticed you're on the Spirit this Sunday. We are too! Maybe we'll bump into you.

;)

GREAT!! But to me the angle seems a bit um, bad. There seems to be a lot of roof in the shot...

Glad to see it though. I want to see how the seas are on the way back to NYC.

Hey! You all will be able to see my cruise as the first one with the camera!! I feel sooo special now.

~Intrepid

PS - Now if NCL would just update the deckplans on the website, geesh.

I'm happy to see that they finally have a web cam for the Spirit. I really wanted one before our cruise on her last September, but they never had one up for our viewing pleasure.

For those of you who will soon be sailing on the Spirit - you will love her!

Hikini:D

They update once a minute very reliably.

More than one camera view is available.

They allow you to see the archives of the past two and a half months so when you return you can check images for something you may remember.

That's a very nice interface.

The ideal interface would be set up like this one:

Remote control webcam at Port Canaveral, FL

[NERDSPEAK ALERT ON]

The bandwidth requirements are steep as configured however it is possible to run this in many ways to make it possible to use the existing Inmarsat-B link currently on the ships. We've developed a WME streamer that provides 10 fps 240x180 video WITH SOUND! that runs at just 24kbps! Without control (like the example above) one could indeed view video (and sound!) through a relay server on ground so (in theory) many thousands of visitors could view the video without it lagging out.

Having the viewers have control of the camera is a different story altogether and this would require a fairly substantial investment on each ship (about $200k) to facilitate. Currently anyways. Prices are always getting cheaper and technology better.

[NERDSPEAK ALERT OFF]

Cheers,

Norman

Archived