Booking Agt vs Carnival Direct

Doug&Suzy-Q

I am making an attempt to book Glory 9/16 as a past guest. :) This time I have made quotes on line. Expedia etc...As a past guest :) I'm getting higher quotes and no rooms on port side from Carnival on line. Both upper & empress deck. Any suggestions. Expedia is giving an upgrade from 8A to 8C for $739. That's $100. lower than Carnival??? What am I missing??

Suzanne:confused: :eek:

I hate to jump ship...so to speak....but for $100. per person....that's a nice bar tab. You would think Carnival would match the price.

Hummmm.

Carnival DOES match the price... as the other poster mentioned, Carnival has the same exact deal going... Call Carnival, I am sitting here looking at their website, and they are selling the 8C's for $739 with the past guest discount. Considering travel agents can't advertise lower prices, you should always call Carnival if you see something like this, as generally they are the ones that have the deal and the agents are following suit.

OK,

We booked through a PVP at Carnival. Cruise and air, came to 3036. Added airport fees and Fed Taxes/fees. Came to $3196

Went to CCL website. Put in the dp3 code. Says cruise + air $2876. If I add the airport fees and Fed stuff, comes to $3032.

Difference $164

Am I missing something? Do we call our Carnival PVP about this? (That's a lot of Drinks of the Day!)

BTW, have not made final payment yet.

OK,

We booked through a PVP at Carnival. Cruise and air, came to 3036. Added airport fees and Fed Taxes/fees. Came to $3196

Went to CCL website. Put in the dp3 code. Says cruise + air $2876. If I add the airport fees and Fed stuff, comes to $3032.

Difference $164

Am I missing something? Do we call our Carnival PVP about this? (That's a lot of Drinks of the Day!)

BTW, have not made final payment yet.

Generally any specials or codes are for new bookings only... not for existing bookings. You can try to call and see what they will do...

"Generally any specials or codes are for new bookings only... not for existing bookings. You can try to call and see what they will do..."

Called PVP, figured "what's the worst thing that could happen?" Cruise fare was lowered.

"Generally any specials or codes are for new bookings only... not for existing bookings. You can try to call and see what they will do..."

Called PVP, figured "what's the worst thing that could happen?" Cruise fare was lowered.

Yeah!!!! That is great news!!! See, you just never know!

WHY??? Don't feel guilty!!! NEVER feel guilty about getting money back! LOL!!!!!

Well, OK. I think the remedy for this is to go on a cruise, and spend more than we would have (but not too much more!)

I feel better now. Thank you.

:) Thank you all so much for your help.....I did call the help desk at Carnival....we are all set for the Carnival Glory out of Cape Canerval on Sept. 16.....We are booked!!!!! Now the excitement begins.

I need to get a count down clock...and all the good stuff that goes with it.

I need to get a count down clock...and all the good stuff that goes with it.

www.countdownticker.com

or as you are reading anyone's post, run your mouse over the ticker. It should highlight for you to click on it, and it takes you directly to that countdown site. Follow the directions. As you can see, you have many different options to make it colourful. Check out Lucy's; she has many!

Archived