Pride of America

CamColt

I recently booked the Pride of America for next July.  I've never been to Hawaii and I've only sailed on NCL twice (I have been on 22 other cruises however), so I feel completely lost for this trip. I expect I will be around here a lot in the next year as I have a lot o learn. 😉 

For starters, I booked a category BF starboard side.  Is that a good choice? Anything I should be aware of with that?  Thanks!  

7 minutes ago, CamColt said:

I recently booked the Pride of America for next July.  I've never been to Hawaii and I've only sailed on NCL twice (I have been on 22 other cruises however), so I feel completely lost for this trip. I expect I will be around here a lot in the next year as I have a lot o learn. 😉 

For starters, I booked a category BF starboard side.  Is that a good choice? Anything I should be aware of with that?  Thanks!  

Port side is the side to be on for the sailing out the last day. Not sure about the rest of the trip, but mostly we sailed at night once it was getting dark. We are just back and it was one of the best trips ever 🙂 I wrote a quick review that you can probably find. Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

Edited by schildiams

Thanks!  I will definitely look for your review.   Sounds like I messed up on the room choice.  I just checked to see what is available and there are no more BF's left now so I can't change.  Hopefully other places on the ship offer good views of the scenery. 

37 minutes ago, CamColt said:

Hopefully other places on the ship offer good views of the scenery. 

Anywhere is a good spot really. You are in port a lot and the views of the ports is not all that great. The ship moves in the evening so you see lots of dark. I had a balcony that I hardly used because I was out and about 90% of the time,  but I am not the kind of person that can just sit on the balcony for hours at a time so YMMV. The port side of the ship just gets you a really good view of the Napali coast as you sail back to Honolulu. 

2 hours ago, CamColt said:

Thanks!  I will definitely look for your review.   Sounds like I messed up on the room choice.  I just checked to see what is available and there are no more BF's left now so I can't change.  Hopefully other places on the ship offer good views of the scenery. 

There are PLENTY of spots to see the coast. You will LOVE this cruise. Don't fret 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ighten said:

You will have a ball - start planning and enjoy - I put a full pictorial review on the blog - havent had time to put it on here yet as I have got behind with things and am busy copying Junes NCL Pearl Reviews across.

That was great to see.  Thanks for sharing!