Tobago?

winniesbestm8

Not really sure what to do here.

I have heard that this port is a typical looking port, not very pretty etc.

Also heard its not safe, is this true?

We dont know whether to visit Pigeon Point beach, I read somewhere it is 18TT$ to get in each, what about the taxi there and back?

Thanks in advance

Hiya.

There's not much around the immediate port area. And it did rain the day we were there, so that didn't help!

But, Pigeon Point is a lovely beach. Glass bottom boat available. Drinks and Food available too. There were a few little shops there as well.

It cost us $3 (US) per person to get in.

The taxi was $12 per person return (there were 6 of us)

Sunbeds were $2 each

Would reccommend it

If you want me to email you any of my photos, just let me know.

Now I do love to look at photos!

We are probably going to go to pigeon point beach, was looking for alternatives.

At first we were not going to get off the ship, but I want to see every island we go to.

I still dont feel very confident about getting off the ship and getting a taxi, we will be fine, first time we have done it this way thats all.

I have spent a lot of time, researching beaches, places of interest etc on each island. I have printed off a load of maps and now have a folder full of info! LOL

The more photos...the better!

My email address is emaleary@colwynclose.fsnet.co.uk if you havent still got it.

If you have other scenic pic, I would love to have a nose...hint hint! LOL

:eek:

Cheers

Just read your reply to the grneda post.

Im still unsure about what to do. I have read on this post that there is a guy called mandoo, who takes you to the spice factory and the beach which I quite fancy.

We did look at the rhum runner, and liked the sound of it, but we have booked one or two trips with OV already, like st Kitts railway as there is no difference in price booking it independantly there.

Isla Margarita is another one we dont really have anything planned.

Apparantly you dock in El Guamache and there is a beach right there? I found a beach which looks great called playa El Agua, cant remember what you said you did in Isla Margarita?

In Isla Margarita we went to the beach that was by the port. It was nice enough, nothing amazing, but it did the job for the day. The sea is very shallow, you can go out a long old way and it hardly gets deep!

There are lots of huts selling bits and bobs. There's a couple of bars, and food and music.

The Rhum Runner trip is good value for money, as long as you like rum punch! The beach is nice too.

We didn't look at going anyehre else in Grenada, as my parents had dont the Rhum Runner before, so we all wanted to do it together. (and it was New Years Eve - great way to spend the day)!

I'll see what other photos i've got!

Winnie, I've finally got my Grenada review done and Isla Margarita is next.

We did La Restinga tour with the ship and loved it.

As for Tobago we did the glass bottom boat with the ship and it was the most disappointing trip we did. There was nothing particularly wrong, we just had imagined more and the boat we went out on was in quite poor condition (especially when we saw other boats out there!)

Archived