Meraviglia waterslide restricions

korpo024

What are the current waterslide restrictions? In an old post they mentioned 120cm, but also 42", so a bit confusing to me. Can someone please let me know what the minimum length is to go on the waterslides?

On the Seaview or (then) 5 year old could go on all the slides, but on Fantasia they told her that it was forbidden, although the waterslide on Fantasia was not fast or anything like that. It was kinda dull....

I’m  interested to know the answer to this too, as I’ve also seen 120cm and 42 inches mentioned.  We are on the Meraviglia in 3 weeks and I have identical twin 7 year old boys. They are small for their age - One of them is 122cm but the other is 118.5cm - so if it’s 120cm there are going to be all sorts of arguments!

On 7/13/2019 at 6:48 PM, Belliniginfizz said:

I’m  interested to know the answer to this too, as I’ve also seen 120cm and 42 inches mentioned.  We are on the Meraviglia in 3 weeks and I have identical twin 7 year old boys. They are small for their age - One of them is 122cm but the other is 118.5cm - so if it’s 120cm there are going to be all sorts of arguments!

It is sad that no one seems to know ....For your twins it would be very very sad that one has the required height and the other not...Last April on Fantasia there was only one slow waterslide and our little daredevil of 6 years old, 118cm was not allowed on the waterslide...120cm was the requirement. We asked that she could go with her mother but they did not allow....Later that cruise I saw much younger kids on it ....But she couldn't go....If this happens again I will make a lot of fuss about it....MSC is not known for its logical and strict rules....(nothing Italian is...)

On the Seaview one year earlier she could ho on all the  waterslides so I guess MSC doesn't know what the rules are either.....

41 minutes ago, korpo024 said:

It is sad that no one seems to know ....For your twins it would be very very sad that one has the required height and the other not...Last April on Fantasia there was only one slow waterslide and our little daredevil of 6 years old, 118cm was not allowed on the waterslide...120cm was the requirement. We asked that she could go with her mother but they did not allow....Later that cruise I saw much younger kids on it ....But she couldn't go....If this happens again I will make a lot of fuss about it....MSC is not known for its logical and strict rules....(nothing Italian is...)

On the Seaview one year earlier she could ho on all the  waterslides so I guess MSC doesn't know what the rules are either.....

If no one comes up with an answer in the meantime, I’ll let you know when we’re on the ship in a few weeks! I’m keeping my fingers crossed my twins can both go on the slides - if it is 120cm it’ll mean my smallest nearly 8 year old might not be allowed on, but a tall 5 - 6 year old could be! 

1 hour ago, Belliniginfizz said:

If no one comes up with an answer in the meantime, I’ll let you know when we’re on the ship in a few weeks! I’m keeping my fingers crossed my twins can both go on the slides - if it is 120cm it’ll mean my smallest nearly 8 year old might not be allowed on, but a tall 5 - 6 year old could be! 

We'll be sailing from Kiel on 3 august to Copenhagen, Helsinki, St.Petersburg, Tallinn. So maybe we get there first?😊

11 hours ago, korpo024 said:

We'll be sailing from Kiel on 3 august to Copenhagen, Helsinki, St.Petersburg, Tallinn. So maybe we get there first?😊

We’re boarding on the 3rd August too - so might see you there!  If the cut off is 120cm I’ll  be the one with identical looking boys, but with one in meltdown about not being able to go on the slides!

1 hour ago, Belliniginfizz said:

We’re boarding on the 3rd August too - so might see you there!  If the cut off is 120cm I’ll  be the one with identical looking boys, but with one in meltdown about not being able to go on the slides!

What is your nationality? We are from Holland.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Belliniginfizz said:

Just on board and can confirm that the slide height is 107, so I have two happy boys!

Not quite so good, is that the rope course is 122cm, so I have one twin tall enough, and one about 1.5cm too short!

Depends on who is at the entrance to the rope course if they think he looks tall enough they will let him on they won't check every person coming to the entrance

1 hour ago, Epos Man said:

Depends on who is at the entrance to the rope course if they think he looks tall enough they will let him on they won't check every person coming to the entrance

Thanks - we’ll give it a go!  We found that with the water bowl slide as it turns out that one is 122cm.  Yesterday  they measured those clearly under height, but neither of mine were measured!