Pajama Party

lookin4ward

Can someone tell me how the pajama party for kids works? Is there a minimum age? How about a charge? We will be on the Triumph May 6 with my 7 year old grandson. If they have this on the Triumph does any one know what night it is? I hope they do, cause I know he would love it. Thanks for the info.

babysitting/ PJ party is nightly- 10pm until 3am. there is a 6 buck fee per child.. the second child in the same family getws a break-- they pay only 4 bucks.

this is for infants up til the age of 11

There is baby sitting after Camp Carnival closes for the younger ones for a fee. From what I saw of the babysitting it was kids came in regular dress or pajamas. They stayed in the camp area and watched videos or played videogames.

There is also an all night/pajama party for the older kids (9 and over I believe) one night during the cruise when the next day is an at sea day. It costs about $40, starts around 10pm and ends around 7am. My times and prices are probably off a little, this was last spring on the Triumph. Only our 10 y.o. was eligible are 5y.o & 7y.o could not participate in that party.

did the pajama party cost more then a regualr abbaysitting?? if so why?

I didn't break it down by the hour to figure it out (just never occurred to me), but I think it cost a little less. Strange, because my first thought is that it would have cost more because they do many more activities (capture the flag, hide and seek, treasure hunt, etc.) supervised out on the deck, they go out to eat and they get some souvenirs. It also only happens once during the cruise and is seen as a much bigger deal than the babysitting.

It fills up quickly and people were pushing to be first to sign up at the orientation party.:rolleyes:

It fills up quickly and people were pushing to be first to sign up at the orientation party.:rolleyes:

Ohh! Good to know!

My daughter really wants to do this.

I'd better sharpen my elbows before that Orientation Party so I can make sure she's FIRST on the list! :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(fyi - I'll be the one in line waiting politely for my turn! Jeeze, I hate pushy people! They always ruin it for the rest of us. Ugh.) :mad:

does it last longer then 3am?

When we were on the Ecstasy for a 3 day cruise it only went to maybe 3am, but on the Triumph for 7 days the party went until about 7am. Made for one tired girl the next day. Think I finally saw her out of the cabin just after lunch.

Now this is why I check out these threads. I had no idea they had an all night pajama party and this is right up my dd alley. We leave in 2 wks for the Valor. Is this done on all Carnival ships? Guess I now know what my first duty on-board will be....signing up for the pajama party!

Our kids were 9 and 12 when they did the all-night pajama party. Yes, it is quite different than the nightly babysitting from 10pm-3am on all other nights. I know it was only for the 9-12 age group that evening and the next day was a sea day. I can't remember the charge but $40 per child sounds about right. My kids still talk about it and they are 13-17 now. I don't think it starts till after 10pm. They stay up ALL night and play all kinds of games all over the ship. I know they had the show room to themselves and did karioke on stage at 3a.m. for as long as they liked. They ate up in the buffet area quite a few times during the course of the sleepover and got to have a pizza/make your own sundae party there too. They had some sort of arcade competition also. They came back to cabin the next morning (I remember 7am or so?) without ANY sleep and each of them clutched a Carnival pillow case FULL of all kinds of prizes and gifts including Carnival blow-up photo frames, photo album, 35mm camera, trophies, coloring books, teddy bears, sunglasses, fanny packs. It was unbelieveable! They passed out in their upper bunks immediately and we spent the day at the pool, checking on them occassionally. They didn't wake up till it was time to get ready for dinner. They were glowing :) If your kids are comfortable with the idea, I wouldn't let them miss it!

FrannyK

Costa Riviera 1985

NCL Seaward 1987

Carnival: Fantasy 1/2000

Sensation 2/2001

Imagination 1/2002

RCI Explorer 6/2002

RCI Monarch 4/2003

Sensation 2/2004

Imagination 2/2006

Archived