Alaska Ruby cruise with day 2 credits

hellokitty1

On 7/26/2019 at 3:26 PM, hellokitty1 said:

This is the exact description of the credit for my TA. I think if I pre-book now, I pay out of pocket now as opposed to going in my shipboard account. So maybe the "day 2" part is irrelevant other than it doesn't apply to stuff I pre-book now.

The shipboard credit amount is per stateroom and may be used during the cruise for shore excursions, spa treatments, specialty dining, beverages and more. Shipboard credit offered by xxx is not available to view prior to travel on the cruise line’s website, or during your online check in. You will receive the shipboard credit in your personal onboard account by the second night of sailing. The value of the shipboard credit is determined by the base cruise fare for the stateroom category booked. Offer is nontransferable.

What he/she said is correct.

On 7/26/2019 at 7:13 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Thats too bad the TA is adding their own BS rules.

Precisely the reason I don't play these OBC games and gimmicks.

Give me the discount off the price of the cruise up front.

There is always a catch.   🙄

I don't think this is the TA adding BS rules; rather, it is them being honest and up front about the reality of when Princess will post the credits to the on-board account.

And has been stated, it doesn't matter as what you pay at end of cruise is the difference between charges posted during the cruise and credits posted during the cruise. The timing of them does not matter. For a day or two, you might show a balance due (in which case Princess may increase the credit card hold) but then the credit posts and your balance is reduced.

And on the matter of pre-paying for excursions, my experience, not 100% proven, is that excursion pre-payments are de facto just a purchase on refundable OBC. Once on board, the excursions will appear as on-board charges along with a credit for the amount of the pre-payment. And if once on-board you have additional non-ref OBC that you didn't have at the time you booked the excursions and since on-board charges are first taken from non-refundable OBC, you should find that whatever might be leftover has magically turned into refundable OBC up to the amount of what you prepaid for the excursions (I have no idea if this works similarly for other advance purchases such as specialty dining or Internet as I have never pre-paid for those).