Uh Oh...help

Scorpiorose

Does anyone know that if you've charged an excursion thru Carnival and paid via credit card, can you change your mind and have them apply the money to a different excusion? After reading the boards it seems the ruins in Belize isn't that great and the river might be a better way to go? What do you think?:cool:

In regards to the tubing in Belize, as we "tubed" down the river, there were dogs walking beside us going faster than we were. Since we are from Tennessee, which has great tubing in the Smokies, this was not an outstanding adventure. The buses were hot and overcrowded, and lunch was inedible. I'm not sure about the ruins, but I wouldn't recommend the river tubing either. I know that you can change your mind about a trip and receive credit. Maybe a nice snorkling trip?

In regards to the tubing in Belize, as we "tubed" down the river, there were dogs walking beside us going faster than we were. Since we are from Tennessee, which has great tubing in the Smokies, this was not an outstanding adventure. The buses were hot and overcrowded, and lunch was inedible. I'm not sure about the ruins, but I wouldn't recommend the river tubing either. I know that you can change your mind about a trip and receive credit. Maybe a nice snorkling trip?
You must have gone on the Carnival excursion. Pick an independent for a much better trip. Maybe Carnival will let you cancel altogether.

We did the AltunHa ruins using a private vendor. The excursion was very nice. Even climbed the pyrimid. But you have to be interested in seeing ruins or you would find them rather boring.

In regards to the tubing in Belize, as we "tubed" down the river, there were dogs walking beside us going faster than we were. Since we are from Tennessee, which has great tubing in the Smokies, this was not an outstanding adventure. The buses were hot and overcrowded, and lunch was inedible. I'm not sure about the ruins, but I wouldn't recommend the river tubing either.

Of course this is bluecat's legit review, but I should point out the overwhelming majority of cave tubing reviews are extremely positive- including the bar-b-que lunch at the end.

It helps to set yourself up with the right expectations: It's not a thrill ride. It's a lazy, slow float down the river and thru the caves. Personally, I highly recommend the cavetubing thru an outside vendor. We used X-stream and it was fantastic fun.

What vendor did you use for the ruins? I think I'll cancel the 7hr. trip and go to the one you went on, there is a combo and ruins tour, and yes, I love history so....thanks for the info. Any other pointers on Belize?:D

http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/AltunHa.htm

what we liked about using this vendor... we were already there when Carnival came with their excursion. the people went around by themselves where we had a private tour guide who explained what it was we were seeing.. That itself was worth the money. I hate going somewhere and not know what or why on what I was looking at.

Getting to the ruins he gave us a tour on his country- oppressive.. makes us appreciate the house we have.

scopriorose, we did Carnival's Xunantunich ruins tour and really liked it. Just my humble opinion--I don't like caves particularly--dark and damp--and supposedly someone on our cruise got bit by something in the water. The Xunantunich tour has a narration through the tour guide and the bus ride out there didn't seem that long. She discussed history and current events in Belize City and along the way. We had an "Amish" alert along the way--Horse and buggy!! You get to climb the largest ruin if the weather cooperates. You can see Guatamala--it is really a beautiful view. Lunch was included in the price on the way back. It was at a resort and it was good. I thought this tour was worth the $79. This was one of the highlights of our cruise. Just my opinion. I wouldn't do independent for this far away.

Thanks Lucy, I just haven't heard that much about this tour and was wondering. We love history and It's my goal to climb one of the ruins! I'm booking through Carnival and I wonder too, if lunch is included, I'll check. I appreciate your sharing.....take care:o

You can cancel your tour online and the money is credited back to your card. It was on my next statement so the credit is applied fairly quickly. I also had to cancel an excursion while on board and was unable to book another one. The value of that excursion was also credited back to my card. You should have no problem.

By the way- I did the ruins in Belize and had a very good time (Altun Ha). It was paired with a return cruise down the river (saw a lot of wild life). The site is not as big as Tulem or Chickten Itza (sic) but you could still climb the ruins and the tour guide was excellent. I'm not sure what other people have had to say negatively but I found it to be great. The trip out to the ruins was through the city and the guide on the bus did a great little tour as we passed through there as well.

We also took the Xunantunich tour and booked thru Carnival. It was a great day. The bus ride thru the western part of Belize was beautiful. There was a very nice Belizean luncheon served on the way back to the port. It was an outstanding day. We have also taken the Altun Ha/River Wallace tour thru Carnival and it was the best tour on that cruise, for us. When you tender into Belize City and have any free time, do not leave the small area with shops. Do not wander into the city itself. Many people have done so and had no problems, but others say they have. Enjoy whatever tour you choose and have a great cruise.

Archived