Teens on Equinox

theinkykitty

We’re cruising in November on the Equinox, (my husband and my second trip on her this year) with my kids and it’ll be their first cruise on this ship. I’ve talked to friends who have kids the same age as my son (7) so I’m good with kids club info. 

My 13yr old has never once had any interest in kids clubs or teen clubs but I really want to try to guide her towards wanting to go, just so that I can have a bit of a break while we’re vacationing. 

Does anyone have any insight on what sort of the activities they provide for teenagers?

I took my 13 year old son on Equinox in June. He also is not a kids club kinda guy. We visited on Day 1 to check it out (because I forced him), but that was the only time he went all week. 

Each night, along with the next day's daily, we would get a list of events going on the next day. There were games, sports, dancing in the disco, and one night swimming in the solarium. He would be interested, but when it came down to it, he wouldn't go. He would rather see whatever was in the theater. He loved the singers, comedians and shows.

There weren't many activities during the day, though I think the club was open for video games and sports on the basketball court. Most events were between 10:00pm and midnight. They told us on day 1 that while the club opened at 8:00, things never started picking up until 9:30 or 10:00.

I am taking him back in two weeks, this time with his 15 year old sister. While she isn't a kids club fan either, I imagine they will go together to check it out at least once.

I think it all depends on who they meet the first time they go. If they click with someone, they will be interested in going back.

Unless you are talking Thanksgiving week, there will be very few kids of any age on the ship most likely.  When we sailed with my son at that age, he just never wanted to do the club thing.  He brought his laptop loaded with videogames (these days maybe a tablet would suffice), books and magazines to read, and a couple games we could play as a family (like Yahtzee).  He was content to just chill with us most of the time.  I know all kids are different, but if yours is expecting a lot to do with a lot of playmates,  at that time of year she may be disappointed.