Onboard Credit for Stockholder

logan25

As a Carnival stockholder, I should be entitled to onboard credit for Costa (Carnival family) cruises.  However, I have yet to sail on Costa so I am not sure how it works.  Very specifically, curious as to how the OBC can be used.  Does anyone know whether the funds can be applied toward gratuities?

I am using OBC for shareholder's on every cruise. There is no special form. You need to send them info about your cruise (booking number/name/embarkation and disembarkation ports/how many nights etc.) and current proof that you are owner of CCL shares. They are sending e-mail with confirmation within 1-3 days (id depends). You can spend this money as [The wanterering two] said. Information about OBC you should see the latest on the 2nd day on your onboard account statement (you can print it from self-service kiosks). If not - I suggest going to reception desk with confirmation you received by e-mail. It happened to me three times. When I reported it, was informed that shareholder's OBC at Costa is not popular and sometimes only 1-2 pax per ship is using it, so it could be missed. It is completly different than on NCL ships where it is very popular.

More details: http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Edited by greg2014