Travel time from Maho Beach back to the ship

miss meow

We're planning on more or less ending our day on St. Maarten by hanging out at Maho Beach to watch some airplanes....we have to have our rental back to their office at the pier at 4:30 island time....how long is the drive time from Maho back to the pier where we're docked?

Thanks guys!!!

Hi Miss,

The plane landings are a scream...I loved it. They are soooo close you feel you can touch them.

As for the time to travel back to the rental and then to the ship....30 - 40 min is more than enough time to go to the pier from the airport. You will have to drive through the city streets. The time consuming portion may be the car rental return.

Enjoy.....I will be back in March, and will be doing the airport thing again...great picture ops.

James

We're planning on more or less ending our day on St. Maarten by hanging out at Maho Beach to watch some airplanes....we have to have our rental back to their office at the pier at 4:30 island time....how long is the drive time from Maho back to the pier where we're docked?

Thanks guys!!!

Hertz at the pier closes at 5 PM. Who are you renting from?

We are renting a jeep from Hertz.....I think that when I made the reservation online I indicated that we'd return it around 4:30. I'm thinking that Maho will be our last stop before heading back towards the pier. Not sure which way to head around the island because we'd like to hang out at another beach somewhere that isn't horribly crowded and the surf isn't typically rough.....and just wind up at Maho around 1 -1:30 to sit and watch for a couple of hours. We'll be picking up the car around 8:30 or so I expect.

I'm soooo excited....cannot wait. Got another 54 days till we sail!

We went to Mullet Bay which is 5 minutes from Maho. The beach was beautiful and there were no crowds. Traffic was very heavy on the way back to the ship. We left Mullet Bay at 3pm and it took about 35-45 minutes to get back to the ship. Traffic was almost stop and go the whole way.

• 1 month later...

Hi

From what I remember they only have port-o-lets at Mullet Bay...no changing facilities. They do have chair rentals as we paid $15 for 2 lounge chairs and an umbrella. The beach is beautiful though....just no real amenities. They did have jet-ski rentals too.

Archived