Sail Away Cabins-NCL

ledodeck01

Would like to hear from others about their experience with booking a bx sail away cabin (particularly on their newest ships-Breakaway, Escape, Joy). Prices seem great  (some times $800 less than the lowest pick your cabin choice) but I am concerned that some of the bx categories on the 8th floor appear to be directly over the main show theater- I would be concerned about noise. Are their other bad locations? In any event, kindly post your experiences with sail away cabin choices. thanks 

Hi,

Not sure if this would help, but I got assigned a mid ship balcony cabin just last week for my Bermuda cruise this coming October. My stateroom is somewhat close to the elevators and stairs.

I've posted on the forum about possible noise issues, but everyone that responded said that they had no issues.

Unless you go to bed really early or spend most of your time in the cabin I don’t understand why people don’t book them 🧐 I always book the lowest level cabin with perks unless the price difference between categories is minimal....10 cruises never had a bad cabin yet, sleep, shower out is our philosophy and use the savings for trips ashore, airport lounges etc 😎

• Like 1

I am sailing on the Getaway in November and got my cabin assignment more than 120 days out. Our cabin is directly under the Garden Cafe, but as debgreg said, you are not really spending much time in the cabin anyway. The only places I could see being a problem is if you were under a bar/club or something else that might have a lot of noise, late at night. I tend to stay up late on cruises, so even a theater wouldn't be much issue with me, as the shows would be over before I was back in my room.

Our cabin is very near stairs and elevators, plus is as near as you can get to being an aft-facing balcony without actually being an aft-facing balcony. I am very happy with the assignment. I've been on 5 cruises across three cruise lines and haven't had any issues with the rooms.

All of that being said, it is still a toss up. There is no guarantee of where your room will be and it is unlikely the cruise line will let you change the room if you don't like where it is located.