When is Your final Payment

tenpin

3.1 When the contract is entered into, the Passenger shall pay a deposit of no less than 25% of the price, and the balance shall be paid at least 30 days before departure.

This is part of Costa's T & C's contacted Costa last month to ask when our final payment for the cruise in Sept was due was told 30 days before departure, yet Monday got an email saying final payment is overdue & they might cancel our booking. Phoned & after some time was told that it is different for the UK we have to pay 56 days before departure, when I ask about the above clause they then agreed I need not pay until the 30 days.

Second email yesterday demanding final payment.  We phone Genoa & was told we must pay balance then or lose the cruise.

My question is are other Countries paying 30 before or are we all paying before 56 days.

Just interested as I often get ask on forums & prefer to give correct information so not to miss-lead  guests.

MSC you pay three months (90 days) before departure.  I have never paid so close to departure before. - My December cruise already paid in full at booking, that is on Dream cruises.  royal Carribean I paid three months out as well.  Can't remember what Carnival or Celebrity wanted. 

I remember when I read Costa was final payment in 30 days that I was thinking that was close and I'd never heard of it before- how on earth do they sell the unsold cabins if people ditch.

Edited by Janet&Carl

It seems different for each Country, but it is clearly written in the T & C's as 30 days.

As I said I emailed then phoned both times told 30 days, yet within two days they were asking for payment.

They really need to make it clear, although it makes little difference to the refunds if cancelled. I am not sure I agree with all these different rules & even perks  different Countries have.

Thank you for your replies.

Edited by tenpin