Thank you for offering to answer some questions. May I just say that I have cruised a lot and Celebrity is by far my favourite line particularly for the food and service. It is actually very difficult to fill out the comment surveys at the end of the cruise because there is very little that I can think of which you could do better I terms of service, hospitality and food. Keep up the hard work and high standards please! I know other lines have cut things they think passengers won’t notice to save money here and there but please keep up the standards we are used to. We are willing to pay more for it!

I have a question about dining arrangements on board. We really enjoy sitting amongst fellow passengers on our table and getting to know them at a set seating time. We usually prefer late seating. However, In recent years we have found that due to the other dining options on board we have often found ourselves alone on a large table and that is the case with other couples around the dining room I notice. I’ve noticed this to be a problem on Celebrity more than other cruise lines to be honest, maybe there are more speciality restaurants on board than other lines.

I think there should be an option when you book to indicate how frequently you will choose to use the main dining room (and this can also be seen if people book a speciality dining package before they board). There may be people that never want to use it or only half the time or people that don’t like their allocated dining time so choose to eat elsewhere on most nights. This may help the maitre’d allocate people to tables based on the likelihood of their attendance, and all the regular attendees of the MDR can sit together.

On our last cruise on the Silhouette our waiter told us they had been ringing around rooms of people that have never shown up for dinner and those people said they weren’t aware they had a table in the main dining room. Perhaps when people book a cruise they should receive information either in their ticket booklet or on a separate email with basic information i.e, what to pack, dining arrangements, tipping, tendering procedures etc. so they know what to expect of a cruise holiday before they embark.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nicole & Pete,

What nice comments to receive, thank you so much for being such fans! I understand how getting to know others onboard is such a draw to the dining experience. In terms of those at the table booking specialty dining, we strongly encourage guests to let their maitre 'd in main dining know so that they can pass the information along to the other guests at the table.  

If you'd prefer, on those evenings that you may feel the table feels quiet, you may want to request to move to a table with more interaction.  Our guests love the specialty dining choices onboard, and we hope that you do too! I will still pass along your comment as we are always looking for better ways to communicate onboard.  Thank you! 

• Like 2