Rising Son Catamaran Adventure

Has anyone done the Rising Son Catamaran Adventure that RCI offers in Bermuda?  I usually like to book private excursions, but we have a large group (25-30) and I'm having a hard time finding a Catamaran trip that can accommodate us all.  Just wanted to see how people liked this excursion and if there were any pictures to be shared.  Thanks! :)

I *think* that this is the one I did in Bermuda in June.

It's ok.

It would be more fun with your whole group.

We didn't go very far.  Only one stop.  It was within sight of the ship.

Crew were pleasant.

Drinks not included.

Hi!  Just did this excursion last week and enjoyed it.  We motored (no sails up) for about 15 mins to a cove called Deep Bay.  There was another Rising Son catamaran with us, and when we arrived a 3rd catamaran was already anchored there.  The 2nd Rising Son catamaran moved over to a nearby cove so we wouldn’t have 3 boats there. 

We had about 2 hours to snorkel, kayak, paddle board or float with noodles provided.  There were 2 small strips of sand you could swim ashore to. Snorkeling was just ok.  I got to try paddle boarding for the first time and loved that.  Rum punch was 2 for $5 until the last “power hour” when it was free.  My only complaint was the number of people on board—79 just on our catamaran!  Plenty of room to spread out on board and in the cove though so it wasn’t too much of an issue.  2-3 kayaks and 3-4 paddle boards for that many people though so you have to share!  I’ll try to attach some pics!

C280BBDD-AEE4-465B-9925-88C0BCC0D35F.jpeg

43522157-95BF-4FC4-9723-E773AA9683E8.jpeg

623D28C3-AEC8-4AE9-881C-968D5AD7DB9A.jpeg

B53147DB-B8AF-41A8-9D7F-5ACF2FCA5BAB.jpeg

5E951A6F-0512-4212-BF8F-9AF5DA32618B.jpeg

11 minutes ago, ChristyLNDRN said:

Hi!  Just did this excursion last week and enjoyed it.  We motored (no sails up) for about 15 mins to a cove called Deep Bay.  There was another Rising Son catamaran with us, and when we arrived a 3rd catamaran was already anchored there.  The 2nd Rising Son catamaran moved over to a nearby cove so we wouldn’t have 3 boats there. 

We had about 2 hours to snorkel, kayak, paddle board or float with noodles provided.  There were 2 small strips of sand you could swim ashore to. Snorkeling was just ok.  I got to try paddle boarding for the first time and loved that.  Rum punch was 2 for $5 until the last “power hour” when it was free.  My only complaint was the number of people on board—79 just on our catamaran!  Plenty of room to spread out on board and in the cove though so it wasn’t too much of an issue.  2-3 kayaks and 3-4 paddle boards for that many people though so you have to share!  I’ll try to attach some pics!

C280BBDD-AEE4-465B-9925-88C0BCC0D35F.jpeg

43522157-95BF-4FC4-9723-E773AA9683E8.jpeg

623D28C3-AEC8-4AE9-881C-968D5AD7DB9A.jpeg

B53147DB-B8AF-41A8-9D7F-5ACF2FCA5BAB.jpeg

5E951A6F-0512-4212-BF8F-9AF5DA32618B.jpeg

Thank you for sharing.  Ugh that is a lot of people, and exactly what I wanted to know.  Looks like you don't go very far from the port either.

If I was looking for a snorkeling/catamaran excursion for 25-30 people I would look at chartering.  We have done this in the past, not Bermuda but Cozumel.  We were able to plan our day and had the catamaran to ourselves without being crowded in.  Most charters charge by the hour and after sharing costs with your group it could very likely cost you less than a crowded ship excursion.  I briefly looked at catamaran charters in Bermuda and saw a number of them.