Food Questions

richbum

cruisinpsychRN:  I did report our waitress' rudeness on my way out and also reported it to Guest Services.

We have eaten in the steakhouse on the Conquest which has a better table layout than the Magic..  Also, our food on the Conquest looked and tasted nothing like our food on the Magic.  I ordered the exact same dish at both steakhouses and the size of the filet mignon and lobster tail on the Conquest was huge and I was barely able to finish it.  I was expecting the same on the Magic and was very disappointed in the quality and quantity.  This, combined with our rude waitress, made for a very disappointing evening.

My grandson ordered the lobster and it came with two lobster tails that were so tiny, he was hungry when he left the steakhouse and went up to the buffet for more food.  As mentioned previously, they were the same size as the ones served in the main dining room so why pay $38 when you can get the same quality in the MDR.

When we ate at the steakhouse on the Magic in May, our waitress informed us that we could order two appetizers which is what I did...shrimp cocktail and mushroom risotto.  I'm pretty sure it's the same on all Carnival ships.

On 8/8/2019 at 8:37 AM, tattoos said:

Butterbean1000:  You hit the nail on the head with "surly" to describe our waitress.  The warm rolls were very good and when I asked her if we could have another roll, she looked at me like I had three heads and let out a loud, audible sigh.  She brought more rolls, plopped them on our plates without looking at us or saying a word.  She served the food without saying a word and never came back to check on us.  My entree consisted of a tiny filet, small lobster tail, a broiled small tomato (haven't seen this since my honeymoon in Miami in the 60's), and a side of whipped potatos served with wasabi, yuck.  The shrimp cocktail had an avocado oil drizzled on them, huh?

After dinner, we didn't see our waitress for quite a while and had to flag her down to ask for the check which she plopped on the table without a thank you.  I don't know what her problem was, she only had 4 tables to wait on with two people at each table and our group of 4.  Our waitress was not happy to be there and that very audible sigh when we asked for another roll was rude and uncalled for. 

You are so right about the whipped potatoes and i like wasabi and i like potatoes, but it was not good at all